About a month ago when Sarah Jane and I were visiting the grandparents in Boise, my mom thought she ought to try to teach Sarah a trick. My mom figured she was 3 months old and her cousin Meggers learned the trick from grandma when she was 3 months old. So off my mom went trying to get her to do it; stick her tongue out and make that little noise while spitting; you all know the one I am talking about. Well, she didn't accomplish it then so occasionally I have shown her how and we have watched her attempt it numerous times. We can see her working that tongue, figuring out exactly what it will do.
Richard thinks she is already slobbery enough and so he has been trying to teach her a different trick: the same thing, except using just her lips and keeping her tongue in her mouth; again, you all know what I am talking about. (These "tricks" are difficult to describe)
Well, on Thursday after Sarah woke up from her nap, she and I were laying on the floor playing and all of a sudden, she did the first mouth trick, then immediately switched and did the one Rich had been teaching her. She layed there for about 15 minutes, alternating her new skills. It was adorable and very messy. There was baby drool everywhere. I tried to take a video/picture but you know how my daughter is--the camera comes out and she stops whatever it is she was doing that you thought was so cute.
Well, ever since accomplishing this feit, this is all she does. As a matter of fact, as I have been typing she has been making those noises. At 4:00 a.m. when I am trying to put her back to bed after her early morning snack, she lays in her crib and does it.
Uh-oh, I think we've created a monster!
Last night we were able to get a little of it on video. Look closely and you'll see her doing one of the tricks. Enjoy and don't get too close to the computer or you might get a little wet! :)
P.S.--After rewatching the video this morning, I noticed a few things:
- I am coaching Sarah, because again, the camera is out and she stops when she sees it. Usually she does it spontaneously.
- My noises are loud, hers are the soft ones. Sorry you have to listen to me make the noises. I am learning that as a mother you sacrifice looking good and not sounding silly, so your little girl can shine!
- I sound JUST LIKE my mom when I laugh. Genetics are scary!
4 comments:
I LOVE spitty tricks. They are so cute! I can remember when Mom taught Meg. We were in Seattle. I thought she was too little but mom knew what she was doing.
I LOVE when you put videos of Sarah. Pictures are good but videos are GREAT!!! I can really see what she can do! I miss her!!!
That is so cute!!! We always called it "giving you the raspberries". We have done it forever with all the little ones! I wish Sarah was closer so we could do it with her!! I am so glad you post so many pictures of her on the blog!!!
We Love You!
This is adorable...I watched it with Jaidyn in the room and she came running over yelling, in a crazy high pitch voice.."a baby, a baby..a cute little baby." She has watched this little video like ten times. It makes us laugh, Sarah is so cute.
so cute! i like her trick! can she roll over too? and does she still spit up?
Post a Comment