Friday, April 25, 2008

Girl's Night Out

What a much needed break girl's night out is.


How grateful I am to have a husband who encourages me to go and do things and has no problem watching Sarah on his own. The first time I wanted to go out with the girls I called and asked if he would mind babysitting. He asked who and I thought that was one silly question. "Duh, Sarah" I replied. "Kim, that's not babysitting, that's parenting and of course I will" was his quick response!

So this Wednesday I went to Bunco for the second month in a row and had a blast. It's wonderful to leave the house in my real clothes; meaning not stretchy and comfy cozy. It's nice to chat with adults. Even though most of the time the conversation leads back to our chicklets, I am always glad for girl talk. It's nice to eat food I didn't have to quickly grab from the cubbard inbetween feedings and naps. And, yes, it's always the nicest part of my evening to return home!

Here we are having our pregame treats. We had to get our energy up to toss those dice: it's a game that requires much thought and strategy, you know...not!
Lindsi and I started the game at the lowest table and worked our way up together to the top table. In the end she ended up beating me.





Here's the gang...Kate, Maurine, Jackie, Me, Julieann, Taryn, Jasmine, Cindy, Sarah, Allison, Marlene, Lindsi, & Nicolle


3 comments:

Pam said...

Richard, You and Kendon are special!! Lots of men don't understand "parenting". My daughters are so blessed to have the husbands they do! I love you both so much! Pam

Lisa-Marie said...

YEah for good Daddies!

Richard you are the best. Thanks for taking such good care of my sister.

Grandma W. said...

Yeah! For Richard!!! You are a super Dad! And, I hope you realize how fortunate you are Kim! I know you do! That is why you married him! You fell in love with his ways as a man!
So nice you cana get out with the girls at least once a month!! What a nice looking bunch of girls!!
We love you all!!!