Saturday, April 26, 2008

Fantastic Friday

Last night we had a terrific evening.
WHO WOULDN'T HAVE A TERRIFIC EVENING
WHEN ACCOMPANIED BY THIS SUPER SMILER!


A few weeks back I emailed Richard about a restaurant I wanted to go to sometime between April 21-27 because they had a grilled cheese sandwich I wanted to try. For those of you not in the know; April is National Grilled Cheese Month and we needed to celebrate the blessed sandwich. Clementine is a restaurant here who celebrates it all month long with specialty, ooey, gooey cheesey sandwiches. They offer a different set of selections each week.

I had forgotten about wanting to go until Richard called me yesterday wanting to know if I wanted to go in the evening. What? HE remembered? I guess he kept it in his email so that he wouldn't forget...bonus points for him! We decided we would go right when he got home so that we could still get Sarah home and in bed before she became overly tired and impossible.

Off we went to Clementine. I had an Aspauragus Grilled cheese sandwich with grilled aspauragus sandwiched between ricotta, mozzarella, and paramesan cheese served on olive, basil bread. YUMMO! Richard had a chili and sharp cheddar sandwich on country white. Also YUMMO! What "deli" sandwich would be complete without a pickle, right? Well, they serve fresh, homemade pickles. They were more like cucumbers; which I realize are pickles, but they weren't quite to pickle stage yet...Richard doesn't like pickles and so I got 2 servings. LUCKY, LUCKY me!!!



On our way home we decided to stop at the temple to walk around the grounds because it was such a lovely evening. We ran into a friend of mine I use to work with at the temple and we explained to Sarah that this is where Richard goes every Tuesday night and that that's why he doesn't come home until late. We love being outside and luckily Sarah enjoys it as well. She kept busy looking around at all of the palm trees and flowers they have all over the temple grounds.


How glad we are to have a Forever Family!!

7 comments:

Pam said...

WHAT A DOLL!!!!!!!!!! Did she get to have her favorite yummy gooey cheese sandwich? Thanks for putting on that adorable picture! I could just snatch her right of there and hug and squeeze her! I guess I'll just have to print it instead and put her up on my shelf . . . my "hall of fame" as one of my customers calls it!!
Love you, Mom

Lisa-Marie said...

Oh man! Is she cute or what? I want to go on a date with her!!!! That smile is to die for. CUTE CUTE CUTE!

How many days until I GET HER!

Lisa-Marie said...

Oh, and the sandwiches sound DIVINE and good job for remembering Rich. I almost forgot those details. I was too wrapped up in that baby!

Grandma W. said...

Oh! My Gosh! What a little darling! I bet she stole the show at the restaurant!! I see the out-fit we sent to her still fits - that is good! Such a tiny girl!
Boy! The sandwiches sound super!!
Maybe we will have to go there if we get to stay at your place! I am going to have Pappa print the picture too so I can put it in a frame! You are a good husband, Richard - and Daddy!!
We love you all!

cindy. said...

A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E.

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful family you are!! I love this post because there are hardly any pictures of you and hubby!! You look fabulous.. just like looking in the mirror. ;-) I just love that first picture of Sarah smiling!!

Ron and Gayla said...

What a lovely page for your little one to view someday, I love the picture of your family at the temple. I still think of you girls as teenagers not moms , but what a joy it is to see what good moms you have become.
Love you, Gayla