Monday, April 28, 2008

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

Richard always catches me saying things like, "She's so cute, I could just eat her up." He thinks she's cute, but just doesn't fully understand when I say things like that, but it's true...there's this feeling I get and that's the best way to describe it.

While reading Nineteen Minutes the other day, there was a part that I fully understood and the author put my feelings into much better words...

(Speaking of her infant son, Sam) "She thought of Sam, how she'd left him sleeping that morning in his crib. During the night he'd kicked off a sock; his toes were plump as early peas; it was all she could do not to taste his caramel skin. So much of the language of love was like that: you devoured someone with your eyes, you drank in the sight of him, you swallowed him whole. Love was sustenance, broken down and beating through your bloodstream."

3 comments:

Rozanne said...

Just today I told Easton I was going to eat him up! Instead I just nibbled on his pudgy little arm.

Lisa-Marie said...

So true and beautiful.

What do you think about that book? I want to read it.

catharooni said...

i may not be a mom, but i know exactly what you mean - i felt that way about my sisters ... and i still do even though they are 22 and 20 ... it's a feast of love!