Monday, April 14, 2008

Quote of the Week

Lisa has a quote on her blog that has been there since the beginning and I love it. It's inspiring and reminds me of what I am capable of if I only believe it. I have wanted to steal if and post it so that those who don't read her blog can be inspired, but I didn't know about whether the stealing would be appropriate.

Well, now I am not stealing... :)

Last week I was watching the movie Akeelah and the Bee; a new favorite. I must have cried a hundred times. This quote was a running theme throughout the movie and I was enthralled when I heard it. At one point in the movie Akeelah's spelling coach has her go over and read a quote he has hanging on his livingroom wall. I thought to myself, "Oh, maybe this will be a good one I can use on my blog." Lo and behold, it was THE ONE!!! So here it is, and feel free to steal it from me, who sortof stole it from Lisa's blog!

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

2 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

I LOVE that quote. You can steal from me anytime!

Grandma W. said...

Amen! A great quote! You girls amaze me with the things you come up with!!
Love you!!