Thursday, April 24, 2008

Belated Quote of the Week

I had planned on doing my quote on Tuesday this week instead of Monday because I wanted to celebrate Earth Day. However, I threw a bridal shower at my house on Tuesday that kept me very busy and thus, you are getting my very simple thoughts belated...

"REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE"
Each of us should take this opportunity to think about the little changes we can make in our lives to help accomplish this and to take better care of Mother Earth. The bridal shower on Tuesday was for my girlfriend Whitney who wastes nothing...and so we gave out reusable shopping bags as favors. It was a big hit.

So maybe the changes we can make are taking our own bags with us when we go shopping, using reusable Nalgenes or some other brand instead of disposable, one time use plasic bottles, or we can recycle at home. Think of one thing and make it happen!

3 comments:

Annie said...

Amen sister!!! I see you have a challenge for me.

Pam said...

I haven't bought any reusable bags "yet" but you did inspire me a few years ago to recycle and I'm very good at putting plastics, cardboard and cans on the curb!!! I suppose we each make a difference! That was a great idea for the shower dolly! P.S. Tell Whitney I am so happy for her!

Grandma W. said...

What a great thing to do at the shower!! Guess what?? We got reusable cloth grocery bags a couple weeks ago! And, as you know, we recycle everything! It sure makes a difference on trash day!! Our blue container is always there with "stuff" in it!!
And, you are right!!! We all need to more cognazant of Mother Earth!!
Love you!