I have attemped to post pictures every night since she's been here. I haven't gotten around to it and we haven't been to bed before 11:00 this entire week--that's late for me. We are glad to have Grandma Bigelow (Sarah's GREAT Grandma) here with us for a week. Here's what we've been up to.
Most of our days have been spent like this. Grandma has been enjoying Sarah Jane and she loves her right back. They sit in the corner over by Sarah's toy basket and play, and play, and play. Richard and I are in for a rude awakening when Grandma leaves and we have to feed her and play with her again, but for the time being we love seeing both Sarah and Grandma so happy in one another's company. Sarah is a people person; if you love on her, she will love you back. This has been wonderful for Grandma and made her feel so special because Sarah has never shyed away. I hope Sarah never goes through the, I only want my mommy stage. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 
We have also been going on many walks. Grandma can't get over how perfect the weather is. She thought she was going to come to California and cook; not in Santa Monica. Ah, the joys of an ocean breeze. She has really been enjoying all the flowers. Everything is in bloom and she can't get enough.
On Wednesday afternoon we went to the Getty Center and had a wonderful time. Grandma couldn't believe the size of a lot of the paintings and couldn't imagine how long they must have taken to create. She LOVED the garden.
Thursday we drove to LaMirada to see her older, by 1 year, brother Don and his wife Terri. SArah Jane and Terri matched and Terri thought that was pretty special. We had a nice visit. They hadn't seen each other in a long time and it was sweet to see how glad they were to be together, even if it was for just a short time. I was reminded about the importance of family!
We're off for a picnic with Richard at Stoner Park and then we will go walk around the temple grounds this afternoon.
4 comments:
Hi Grandma. Looks like you are having so much fun. Isn't Sarah just the cutest thing ever! I love her. I'm glad that you were able to go for a full week. Sarah is going to miss miss miss you when you are gone. I am so glad that Kim and I's kids have had the opportunity to get to know you and play with you. My kids LOVE it when they get to play with you at Grandma Bigelow's. We love you!!!!
awesome! i love all the grandma pics - but that one by the toys is the BEST! who is having more fun, i wonder??
i really can't wait to meet mis sj - i miss her and i haven't even met her ... i was telling my mom last night that other blogs are fun, interesting, and funny, but yours is my fave!! really! thanks for all your efforts to share ...
big hugs ...
Hi All! We are so glad you are having such a special time, Marge!!! Isn't Sarah the cutest little thing and so happy and bright all the time! I knew you would really enjoy being there with the kids! They are so easy to be with!! I wish we could have stayed a little longer, but we did get to spend the time with them when they were at Patty and Jeff's!
We will be anxious to hear all about your trip when you get home, Marge! Until then, give Sarah some extra hugs and kisses for us!!
We love you all!
This is a P.S.!
I forgot to say how wonderful it is that you took your Grandma to see her older brother!!! I didn't even realize she had a brother there! What nice pictures she will have of them now!!! Good for you Kim!!!!
We love you!
Post a Comment