Tuesday, June 10, 2008

That's My Password

Richard knows the password to my email account and it's never been a big deal to me. I always know if he's getting into it, or atleast I think I do. Well, last night he logged into my account so that he could send an email regarding a new "couple calling" we received on Sunday. We were called to teach a Sunday School class, which mind you I already do. Here's the catch--we were called to teach an 8 week Marriage and Family Relations class in the singles ward!! WHAT?!?


So Richard was going to send our teaching availability as well as the biography about ourselves the bishop wanted so that he could start selling/promoting the class. He said that the singles are really into "resumes" so Richard sent along ours. Please remember that it was sent from my email account so he probably thinks I wrote it...

Bishop,
We are excited and looking forward to this new calling. If you could get us a manual, or instructions on how to get one, then we will get started right away. Unfortunately, as we had mentioned, we have several things going on this summer, such as trips and missionary farewells. Here is a list of the Sundays for the next few months with our status. I think you had mentioned that it was an 8 week course, so that would take us up to September.

6/15 not available
6/22 not available
6/29
7/6 not available
7/13
7/20
7/27 not available
8/3 not available
8/10
8/17
8/24
8/31 not available
9/7
9/14

You had also said that you wanted a sort of bio for us. We have been married for 2 1/2 years and have a 6 month old daughter Sarah. Richard works for a local construction company in the accounting department. I taught elementary school until Sarah was born and now stay at home with her. I am from Boise and moved to LA 6 years ago to teach in South Central. Richard and I are both former members of SM3. Richard from 1968 - 1972 when it was a family ward and me from 2002 - 2005. We both love the outdoors and enjoy hiking, biking, camping and unicorns.

Thanks,
Kim & Rich

Well if that doesn't draw them in, I sure don't know what will!

7 comments:

Jen said...

Unicorns, didn't know that. I guess for all gifts now I will just have to add to the collection you probably already have.?. :)
What a fun guy you have. My favorite part is that it sounds as if you wrote it - this could be a video laughing moment!

cindy. said...

ahahaaa. that's funny. you're husband is just funny.

Jyl said...

you're a crack up! And so is Rich!

Anonymous said...

Unicorns? Where did that come from?

Lindsay Anne Hatfield said...

please tell me the resume included the painting. please, oh please...

Grandma W. said...

You two will do a great job! You are both very special and the love runs off of you! Wish I was there to take care of Sarah while you were doing it!!! It is OK to like unicorns!!
We love you!

Miriam Oh Painter said...

I always knew you were both into unicorns. doy.