Friday, June 27, 2008

Atchley Family Fun

A--Aunts, Uncles, cousins, and Grandparents galore this weekend. Suzanne and Jessica came from Colorado and it was the first time they met Sarah Jane. Jessica paid for her own airplane ticket because she wanted to meet Sarah. Richard and I hardly had to do anything for our girl this weekend with all the extra hands around. Grandpa and Grandma Atchley stayed with us and it's always great to have them here. I think Grandpa enjoyed Sarah more this time because she's super fun to play with.

T--Topanga Canyon. Friday night Grandpa Ron and Grandma Liz watched Sarah and Richard and I got to go on a date. We went up Topanga Canyon to a Mexican Restaurant we have been wanting to try. Abuelitas was delicious and I HIGHLY recommend the carne asada burrito. Of course we followed dinner with Pinkberry.

C--Campos. Yummy tacos with Mark and Becca's clan. Whenever they visit it seems we find ourselves there with them. I imagine one of the things they miss the most about California, besides the beach is all the good food we have here. Especially Mexican food which I think we all could eat daily!

H--HOT, HOT, HOT!! It's was really warm this weekend and we couldn't keep cool. It was in the 80's in Santa Monica with no ocean breeze. I know that doesn't sound hot, but for Santa Monica it is and we don't have air conditioning. You rarely need it but when you do, you really do! In Simi Valley where we spent a lot of time this weekend, it was in the 100's.
L--Leaving on a mission. Ryan Steele reported to the MTC this Wednesday. He will be serving a mission in Cuernavaca, Mexico, thus all the visitors and activities this past weekend. Ryan is super fun and Sarah loves being around him. Many people think that he and Richard look a lot alike. He is a HARD worker and will have a very successful mission. Good luck Ryan! We will miss you!!


E--EVENTFUL!!!! Dinners, movies, swimming, food, games, parties, and family fun! As you can see wherever the cousins were Sarah was sure to be included.
Y--YIKES! Saturday night the house was really warm and I couldn't take the heat anymore. So after we got Sarah put to bed (still swaddled, poor girl was cooking, but still only sleeps bundled, so what were we to do) we went out to the backyard which was the perfect temperature. We were more worn out than we knew because we woke up to Ron locking the backdoor. Thank goodness we have good hearing or we might have been in trouble.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was that only just last weekend? It seems like forever ago! I love all the pictures!

Rozanne said...

I'm sorry I missed all the fun, but I look forward to seeing you all in a month!! Yeah!

Grandma W. said...

You did have a big weekend! That was nice Ron and Elizabeth got to be Grandpa and Grandma on the spot! We know how much they must have enjoyed that! Looked like the cousins were enjoying her too!
We love you!!

Pam said...

Looks like the Atchley clan had a wonderful time. I'm sure it was fun for them to have a baby around again! Now, I can't wait for my turn!!!