Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day Weekend

We were able to go to Carlsbad this weekend to spend it with the Johnsons. Papa and Grandma Weldon were there as well as Katie, Matt, and Nathan. We had a wonderful time celebrating Taylor's graduation Saturday night with a cul-de-sac party and honored all the magnificent daddies on Sunday. (somehow I only managed to get pics of Sarah and her great grandparents)



Here's Sarah Jane and her daddy; the best daddy, just chilling after a late night the day before. I love this picture--they both look so content!




Earlier in the week, Papa and Grandma stayed the night with us on their way down to Carlsbad. It meant A LOT to me to have them in my house. I appreciated that they took the time to come visit. It was Papa's birthday so we had yummy lemon chicken and broiled green beans with almonds. For dessert, Grandma helped my make Strawberry Shortcake and we went all out with real whipping cream. We couldn't serve Papa fat free cool whip for his birthday! We played Racko after dinner. SUCH FUN! Here's a picture of Papa doing one of the things he has always done best! :)



Sarah Jane with her Great Grandparents. I had no idea that Papa loved the little tykes like he does. He couldn't get enough of her while we were with them. I loved seeing him dote over her as I imagined that's what he did with me when I was a youngster. I know he loves me and always has, but seeing how he treats my little munchkin, gave me just a little taste of how he must love me!

Here Sarah and Papa are just chatting but soon, very soon she will be able to play the toothpick game with him. It's a game he's played with all of his children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. Really it's scary to watch; I fear one time he'll swallow it as he passes it between himself and whoever he's playing with, but I wouldn't have Sarah miss the opportunity. The kiddos really love it!





We miss you! Can't you come back already?!?!?

2 comments:

Grandma W. said...

Life is just full of surprises isn't it, Honey? We both love all the little tykers, but I will have to say, because you were our very first grandchild, you were pretty special to all of us! And, he still loves you just as he did when you were Sarah's age! It means so much to us too, to be able to visit you and Rich in your home!! Very special!
We love you!

Grandma W. said...

Just one more comment - Papa's birthday dinner was delicious! And, the angelfood cake and straw-berries with REAL whipped cream were scrumptous!! Thank you!!
Love you!