Yesterday Sarah turned 18 months. Here's what she's up to now...
New Words
**mama--she's been saying mama for a while now but just this week has figured out that that's me.
**more
**turtle
**purple
**bubbles
**paper--she goes out with her daddy every morning to retrieve the newspaper from the sidewalk. On their walk this evening she picked up 3. When she knows what her job is, she does it really well. :)
**GaGa--Grandma or Grandpa
**cracker
**church
**Stitch
She repeats a lot of words. Just tonight she was repeating king. When you ask her to point to her body parts she will repeat what you've said. When we count she counts with us. While most these things don't sound exactly like the word we've said, it's cute that she repeats us.
Favorites
**peek-a-boo
**ball
**stories, especially Goodnight Gorilla, Snuggle Puppy, Piggies, and the Little People Lift a Flap Books
**kissing--she's an equal opportunity kisser. When she gives a kiss to one of us, she has to kiss the other.
**Holding both of our hands when we are walking somewhere.
**Animal noises/actions. She roars for a lion, barks like a dog, thumps her chest like a gorilla, snaps her teeth like an alligator, twirls like a penguin, squeals like an elephant (is that what an elephant does?), and ah-ah-ah-ah's like a monkey.
**STILL being swaddled at sleepytime.
**Her electric toothbrush her daddy just got her. Until 2 days ago, brushing her teeth was a nightmare and everyone ended up sad. However she has a Cinderella electric toothbrush now and she'll brush more than once a day.
**The park--in particular the slide, where she'll climb up the ladder by herself, turn around, then slide down on her tummy. She's climbed up the slide once. She used to try and try and try and now that she's done it once, she never tries to climb up it anymore.
Miscellaneous--Here are a few more things we don't want to forget...
**she knows her way to Douglas Park
**She reaches out to hold our hand when we get to a corner so we can cross the street
**She's gotten tall. Just this week she's started reaching things from the top of the counter. It seems like it was not long ago she couldn't reach the top of the table.
**Inconsistent eater--her favorite food one day she won't touch the next day. It makes meal preparation tricky. She also doesn't like leftovers. She better get used to them, because I love leftovers.
**Loves to hear herself laugh and does it all the time. (We love to hear it too!!)
SARAH JANE, WE LOVE YOU AND ARE SO GLAD YOU ARE PART OF OUR FAMILY. YOU HAVE MADE OUR TRANSITION TO PARENTHOOD PRETTY SIMPLE AND VERY ENTERTAINING. YOU'VE ONLY BEEN WITH US FOR 18 MONTHS BUT WE'VE FORGOTTEN WHAT LIFE WAS LIKE BEFORE YOU!! XOXOXOXO mama and dada :)
8 comments:
LOVE that last picture, it is so cute!! I can't believe Sarah is already 18 months!! She has grown so quickly and she is just adorable!!
Love ya!!
I agree with you. It seems that just yesterday she as born, yet it seems like we have had her forever!
She is so stinkin cute and SMART! Geez. A little Richard. She'll be doing puzzle books any day now, I suppose.
I CAN NOT wait to see you guys. Yipppeeeee! Love you.
dear miss s.j.,
i just wanted you to know that i am now, have always been and always will be completely, totally, irrevocably in love with your cuter than anything else in the world button nose. oh, and i pretty much adore everything else about you.
much love,
auntie cath
As long as she can say GaGa nothing else much matters! Only 2 weeks and 2 days and you will be here! I can't wait!!!!!! Love you all!
Oh I cant believe how big she is and how adorable she is! I miss her so much! I love her new words! I wish I could hear her say them! It was so nice to talk to you the other day! Thank you for being a great friend!
so cute! can't wait to see her in real life!
Your comments to Sarah are so sweet. I know she will love reading this when she gets bigger. I hope you guys had a wonderful
4th of July.
Take care,
Marci
How cute! I can't believe how much she has grown. She looks like a little girl with all of her cute hair. Enjoy these days, and I hope you take lots of video, it's fun to look back at these years when they're still tiny. :) Love the homemade outfits, you're talented.
Post a Comment