Saturday, May 2, 2009

Saving Money $20 At a Time...

Today I gave my first haircut...

Not counting everytime I come home after getting my hair cut and whack into it with the scissors.

I cut Richard's hair and boy was it scary!

He can't stand shelling out the moolah to have it cut and I can't stand it when he goes weeks and weeks and weeks without cutting it.

So we decided I'd try my hand at it.

Everything went okay except for the blending the sides into the top so we'll see how it grows out.

And since he doesn't love posing for pictures we cheesed them up a bit to document this historic day.




7 comments:

Pam said...

Oh Richard, you are a brave soul!!! You probably need to invest in some good clippers with all the different sizes and that would make the blending easy. (I think!!) Good job Kim. I'm proud of you for trying different things!

catharooni said...

classic! i look forward to future demonstrations ... ;o)

cindy. said...

you are the perfect house wife...making to die for baby shower gifts, baking bread, and now you're even cutting your hubbies hair...way to save money in lots of ways! you're my inspiration.

Tauna said...

This made me smile! The first time I cut Chris' hair I was pretty nervous. I remember I wouldn't do it for him while we were still dating because in case I messed up he didn't really HAVE to forgive me (like he does now, because I'm his wife).
You did a great job!!

Stephanie said...

This reminds me when I cut your hair in high school....remember I tried to layer it and it turned out so horrible that I had to cut it all off???? I can't believe we are still friends after that haircut!! If I remember correctly, though, it was a really cute short haircut.

Boy haircuts are easy if you mess up just buzz it all off and start over, no harm done!! ;o>

Greek Goddess said...

I've been cutting Warren's hair for a decade now. Once during our second year of marriage while Warren was in law school I forgot to put the guard on the clippers and made a nice little landing strip on the back of his head. I laughed and cried. He had a big bald patch. But the funniest part about it is that everyone was so self absorbed he even had to point it out to his friends at school! You did great. And it only gets easier. (Except when you forget to use the guard...)

Rozanne said...

I cut David's hair once. He promptly put on a baseball cap and headed out to the barber!