Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Madness...

What a weekend we've had.

Fun.

Fun.

Fun.

Friday, Sarah and I spent the day at Underwood Family Farms picking strawberries, lettuce, zucchini, and pea pods with friends. The berries became a tasty treat of strawberry pie; my first. We also now have a huge bag of berries in the freezer ready for smoothies and Popsicles this summer.

Saturday we rode our bikes to Aiden's Place and the westside pool. Sarah loves that park and there are so many different toys for her to play on. We rode our beach cruisers; no gears. Not certain how smart that is when you're 5 months pregnant. Richard and I took turns playing with Sarah while the other one swam laps in the pool. Not so sure how smart that was considering we then had to ride our bikes back home again. We stopped at Wahoo's on the way home for lunch. That's always a wise choice; even 5 months pregnant.

That evening, Richard worked his every 6 weeks, Saturday shift at the temple while Sarah and I went to a fabulous Memorial Day BBQ. I thought we would only stay for an hour or so after our already busy, practically napless day, but over 3 hours later, we headed home.

When Richard came home from the temple I had him stop at the grocery store for a few things I needed for Sunday and he brought me a bag of Mother's Circus Animal Cookies. THEY'RE BACK!! For those of you out of the know, they went bankrupt last year, but Kellogg bought their recipes and right to the name and they're on grocery store shelves again. What a perfect end to a wonderful Saturday.

Today, while most Californians spent the day at the beach, we spent ours hiking in the Santa Monica Mountains. We headed up to Solstice Canyon. Sarah enjoyed it until the end when she was past tired. On our way home I decided we couldn't have the frozen raviolis I had scheduled for dinner. It is Memorial Day after all. We stopped and purchased all the makings for BBQ; burgers, potato salad, and corn on the cob. I was very pleased with that decision. YUM!!

It has been a great weekend.

I imagine tomorrow will be a low-key, long nap day for Sarah Jane. Usually Mondays are recuperate days for her and I imagine since we threw in one more long play day she'll really need to lay low tomorrow and truthfully so does mommy. I too am worn out. But before we call this weekend over, I am going to enjoy another slice of strawberry pie.

3 comments:

dana said...

Great to know on the animal cookies! I seriously thought they were gone forever!

Pam said...

Where are all the cute pictures?!?!?!? I glad you had such a wonderful weekend!! Mom

Lisa-Marie said...

Oooooh. Do you think strawberry pie ships well? That sounds divine! Almost as divine as circus cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw them on the shelf this week and was thrilled and ticked all at the same time. Why do they have to come back out when I'm trying t be so good?

I'm glad you all had a great weekend! Love you. I'll talk to you today. Yippee!

And thank you for the ultra sound pics. That is one cute baby. Is it September yet?!?!?!?

We meet with MaW tonight. I'll let you know.