Monday, September 1, 2008

Beach Day

**LA County, I apologize if tomorrow you notice that Leo Carillo State Beach is missing most of it's sand. It came home with us today, either in my baby's belly or bum crack. I'd return it but you probably wouldn't want it back! :)

We spent the day at the beach. I might have to retract a few statements I made in an earlier entry because I am learning that everything is more fun with either a husband, a baby, or both!

What wouldn't be fun with this HANDSOME fella? Nice fu manchu--the style for today before he shaves it all off tomorrow for the temple.

We had the best day!

Sarah really had the best day. She loved everything about it...the sand; probably more than she should have, the water, the waves; especially when they splashed her and then would pull her legs back out to sea, the starfish and sea urchins, the sun, her swimsuit, when mom and dad went sea kyaking and tipped over on our way back in (better then, rather than when we were way out there over the kelp beds...not my favorite part of the day), all of it. She wore herself right out and was asleep before we left the parking lot.

Anxiously waiting for the next wave to catch.
Looking forward to a beach adventure on another day! Can you believe I just said that?!

MMMM---I just LOVE her!!!

8 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

HEy, you have me worried. You aren't supposed to be falling in love with the beach NOW! You are supposed to be falling in love with snow!!!!

Oh, that Sarah. She is too cute. I just love how she gets so excited about everything. She is the most sweet baby ever!

Stephanie said...

I KNEW you would love the beach if you gave it a real chance!!

YEAAAAA!!

Grandma W. said...

Aha! Sarah loves the beach! She is a true Californian, for sure! Aunt Patty will be pleased at that one!! She is so darned cute!! At all times! It doesn't matter what she is doing! I love the blog!! Keeps us up on what all of you like and do! Just great for Great
Grandparents to keep up on our little tykers!!!
We have to get Aunt Cindy back on the blog again!! I thought we had it made, but now not sure!
We love you!

cindy. said...

that's what i like to hear...my baby girl loves the beach! i heart everything about the beach...the smell especially. i've really craved the beach lately. jealous you had such a fun day there yesterday!

Pam said...

Oh she is her Grandma's girl! I knew she would have to love the beach! I'm with Cindy. . . I love everything about it. The next time I come we are headed straight there!!! And a little sand never hurt anyone. Just ask Aunt Patty!!
Her boys filled up on sand daily!!!

Grandma W. said...

Your Mom is right! The sand won't hurt her! Taylor and Tanner are full of it!! And, look how big they grew!!! I love the beach too!I like to hear the water go in and out and make the big splashes!! Even though I don't like to get in it too much!! You are so lucky to have the nice weather as long as you do!! Fall is definitley coming to Idaho!!!
Love you!

Grandma W. said...

Your Mom is right! The sand won't hurt her! Taylor and Tanner are full of it!! And, look how big they grew!!! I love the beach too!I like to hear the water go in and out and make the big splashes!! Even though I don't like to get in it too much!! You are so lucky to have the nice weather as long as you do!! Fall is definitley coming to Idaho!!!
Love you!

Grandma W. said...

Well!! I must have hit the key twice! And, I had already replied once anyway!
Still love you all!!!