"Are you nesting again?" was Richard's response to my request for him to take all of the kitchen blinds down before he left for work on Friday morning. I'M NOT nesting but one might think so as of late. I am not certain where this burst of energy has come from, but burst it is. Don't get me wrong; usually I am productive and get some things done...never as much as I would like to, but lately my productivity levels are unexplainable.
Last week (we'll see how long it lasts) I made a meal plan for the week and actually stuck to it everyday, the house was clean, I made a skirt as well as a pillowcase dress, and I made a list of extra, big chores to do each day; and believe it or not they actually got done. So the kitchen pantry is now cleaned and organized, all Sarah's toys have been washed, the kitchen stove was detailed, the blinds are now white instead of dusty, dingey grey, and all of our carpets have been steam cleaned!
I'm not writing this to brag but basically so that next week I can read this and remember how I used to be productive because I am certain I will need some motivation soon enough. It's just not in my nature to be quite so on top of things and I know I will need reminding!
So Richard if in a week you come home and the house is a disaster and I am eating bon-bons on the couch, will you kindly send a copy of this my way?!
9 comments:
haha. funny. I like his comment/Question to you. I totally get on those kicks too (especially when there's a fun sewing project you want to complete). Mostly though, for a mom, nightime is your only savory moment to do whatever you've been wanting to do all day, BY YOURSELF.
Enjoy it!
Good for you.
If I didn't know better I too would have thought you were nesting. I've seen you recently enough though to know you're not about ready to pop a baby. Keep it up. It feels so good huh!!!! I love it when I'm productive.
Can't wait to see and benefit from the products of your labors!!!!
I enjoy those times too. I think you must have motivated me because this morning I actually ironed all of the iron clothing.( I never do that) I'd love to see a picture of the pillow case dress!
I think You should do the tag because I love to read everyone elses. They crack me and make me not feel like quite such a freak.
you go girl! your awesome! I drank some red bull to get that kind of energy and ended up with a twitch in my eye!
I love you this cracks me up!! I have to say I am truly impresssed with all you have accomplished
maybe you're pg and just don't know it....everyone else is on their second one... just sayin'
Tag! You're it! come visit my blog...
You made me tired just reading that. I think I will go lay on the couch and eat bon-bons. Ü Good for you for being so productive. When you find out where you got all that energy, send it my way would ya?? By the way, Could your little one get any cuter? What a doll.....
Good girl, Honey!!! I wish I could have had you for a day at our house!! I don't get those streaks much any more !!! Of course, I know I am not expecting!!
It was so good to see you again so soon!! We miss you and that was fun because it hadn't been too long since we had seen you!! Keep up the good work with the sewing machine and soon, you will be making everything for Sarah!! You must have it in you!!
Love you!
Post a Comment