Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Stats: 9 MONTHS

Sarah had her 9 month checkup today and is doing very well! Remember the old days when we worried because her legs looked like this and she was losing weight instead of gaining? Well, the doctor couldn't be happier with the progress she is making and says to keep doing what we are doing.


**19 pounds 4 ounces--65th %
**27 1/4 inches long--45th %
**46 cm. head circumference--90th % (she really does have some Bigelow in her!)
**Sits up tall
**Crawls
**Crawls up the stairs
**Pulls herself up to things
**Lets go of whatever she is holding onto and can stand by herself for a good amount of time
**Babbles like crazy. Lately her favorite sounds are BaBaBaBa and VaVaVa---I'm just waiting for it to turn to MaMa and Richard is rooting for DaDa (I better win)
**Eats like a champ. Loves solid food. We were at a friend's house on Sunday for dinner and they have a daughter 13 days older than Sarah. Tauna put out Cheerios for the girls. I warned her that Sarah would be chowing them down by the fistfull; she didn't let us down. She taught Claire a thing or two that day. :)
**HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY! I know we don't have another baby to compare it to, but I think she is the happiest baby ever. She is such a trooper and goes wherever we take her and always enjoys herself. In the beginning I didn't think this would be the case.
**Has 2 toofers
**Still sleeps through the night; has for months and better for months to come!!
**Still must be swaddled.
**Stands in her crib and calls for us. Today she was bouncing like it was a trampoline. Trouble, we've got trouble!

Sarah Jane Atchley--WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

catharooni said...

me loves me some sj too!!! she WAS scrawny, wasn't she?? but she was cute then, too! i am really starting to be concerned that she will be all grown up before i get to meet her ... i better get down there ... (smiles)

Rozanne said...

We love Sarah Jane, too! Why don't you move to Utah and we could play! :)

Pam said...

Oh my skinny little baby is getting some meat on her bones!! What a darling little girl that I sure wish I could get my hands on!!! Christmas will not get here soon enough for this Grandma! Too bad you just can't put her on an airplane. (hee! Hee! Have to get my jabs in!)

Pam said...

Oh my skinny little baby is getting some meat on her bones!! What a darling little girl that I sure wish I could get my hands on!!! Christmas will not get here soon enough for this Grandma! Too bad you just can't put her on an airplane. (hee! Hee! Have to get my jabs in!)

Jen said...

They grow so fast and it is so much fun to watch them grow. They are always the best when they are yours!

Jyl said...

So glad everything is perfect with your perfect little girl!

johnson hq said...

So cute! It's amazing how quickly they grow!

Grandma W. said...

Wow!! She is growing way too fast!! Remember when we talked about her not being quite "cooked" yet? I still think that was true!
Look at her now! She is all caught up!!! You are going to have to get us another one!!!!!!!
love you!

Miriam Oh Painter said...

i like her.