This is the statement I have heard all morning long...
"Welcome to Motherhood!"
When we walked in to find Sarah covered in a bright yellow substance this morning it wasn't the vomit that bothered me (which I imagine surprises most of you).
First, I was grateful it was vomit and not another bodily substance. What bothered me the most was the fact that I didn't know my daughter had been rolling around in vomit all night long. Shouldn't I have heard her?
I was in a Nyquil coma last night and had one of the best night's of sleep I 've had in awhile (we're all fighting off something and have been on vacation with a non-sleeping, teething child), but what if she cried and I didn't hear her? What if she had chocked on it? Maybe she shouldn't sleep with her door closed--then would I have heard her?
I've pretty much gotten over the guilt and may not sleep as well tonight but now my dilemna is how to get the bright yellow stains out of everything? Soaking and Spray and Wash don't seem to be cutting it. :(
8 comments:
barf is the worst!! I thought she was getting better?! How was your car trip home?
Just wanted to let you know that we are thinking and parying for your family. I have been thinking about lisa all day. Let us know if we can help in anyway. love you guys!
So glad you had a great vacation, not sure about the barf stains . . . bleach???? Will check my stain book. Been tearing and praying with you. Look forward to seeing you Thursday night. Love you, Aunt Penny
What ever your try just don't dry it until all of the stain is out. I find that just repeating the process over and over helps.
Thought of you when you were in Idaho but wasn't sure when you were where - hope it was fun!!!
You poor thing! and yes... welcome to motherhood. Once when crew was about 9 months old, he was in his crib taking a nap and when he woke up, he pooped, an decide to take his diaper off and smear poop EVERYWHERE! Including his mouth!... that was the most "welcome to Motherhood" moment for me!
i have been longing for an update from you ... but am sad this had to be your welcome back! hope you are recovered from the shock. and that miss sj is recovered too!! big hugs to you all ...
try soaking it in very hot with water with dissolved oxi clean for a few days
I am sure by now you have gotten the stains out! I really got behind this month due to everything else that was going on!
Glad you didn't get that other stuff we all got!!!
Love you!
Post a Comment