Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Phone Call

I just received one of the phone calls I have been waiting for.

Let me back up however and fill you in briefly. I figure that there are some of you who read Lisa's blog and haven't seen an update on her blog since Monday and have sent well wishes and prayers my families way. I have let Lisa know of your love and it is greatly appreciated!!!



At Sirri's follow up doctor's appointment on Monday they found a tumor in her back and they had them leave for Primary Children's Hospital that day. They have been there since Monday evening running tests and figuring out what to do about the tumor. It is 2-3 inches in size. They have run many tests and everything comes back okay, which we are grateful for. The doctors can't really figure out what is wrong with her and think that everything will be fine once they remove the tumor. She is in surgery now. They are hoping to remove it lapriscopicly. The surgery will take 2-4 hours to perform. It may be the longest hours of my life. I can only imagine how Lisa Marie and Kendon must be feeling.

The next phone call I am anticipating is the one where they say all is well!!!

Our family has had a lot of peace and comfort throughout this adventure and everyone is staying very positive. I am so impressed with Lis and her outlook. She is upbeat and happy whenever I talk with her. What an example! It has helped me to look at life a little differently and to really see what is important. I have some work to do!

Sirri is doing well. After today it may be a little different but up until now she's been having ice cream for dinner, riding bikes up and down the hallways, watching movie after movie, after movie, coloring, playing doctor, and being spoiled rotten--just what she deserves if you ask me!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow, I was so glad to hear an update...I can't wait to hear how the surgery went!!

Scary stuff.

Thinking of you all!!

Unknown said...

Oh Kimberly ... What an ADORABLE picture of you and Sirri!! Soooo happy that we've all been able to breathe a sigh of relief! We all knew Sirri was in God's hands and thankfully, all our prayers were answered during her surgery! What a brave little patient she's been and will have to be for the next few weeks as she recovers from her surgery! Love ... love ... love hearing all about your trip! Man ... You were BUSY!! :) Can't wait to see you next week!! xoxo
Aunt Patty ... P.S. Sorry to hear you're all feeling a bit 'punky' tonight! We'll say a little 'get better' prayer for all the Atchley's tonight! xoxo

Grandma W. said...

I got behind due to our 60th celebration! It could not have been a celebration though, if we had not had the good news before we left on the cruise! Our Miracle
definitley came through!! Thank goodness for cell phones!!!
Love you!