We've been on vacation for 11 days and we're sad to be home. We had a wonderful time with both of our families. The trip was jam packed and we truly enjoyed every moment; except the crying carseat moments but considering the length of our trip, a few of those were to be expected.
We drove to Rexburg first and spent 5 1/2 days with Lisa-Marie, Kendon, Sirri, Connor, and Meg. Grandpa and Grandma Bigelow and Aunt Cindy joined us for the weekend. Then we went to Heber Utah for the remainder of the week. All of Richard's family was there except for Emily our neice who lives in Madison, Ryan who is in the MTC, and their dad who has a cool new job and couldn't take the time off of work. We had a blast the entire time and here are a few of the highlights...
- On Friday after we recovered from our all night, 15 hour drive, we painted rocks for their rock garden. When my kiddos are older we will have a rock garden of our own because it rocks! HEE HEE
- Saturday we went to a parade in St Anthony for Pioneer Day. (Let me just say right here and now, I want to be a rural dweller. I absolutely loved all of the small town activities we went to and think it is time for me to get out of the big city.) We ate Mill Hollow sandwiches---YUMMY!! FYI--Mill Hollow was out of circus animal cookies to put on top of their tart raspberry yogurt the entire time we were there. Yes, I went to visit family but I was SOOO looking forward to that treat. Then we had a bicycle birthday bash for Sirri and Connor.
- Sunday we went to church and had to say goodbye to GnG and Cindy. BOO-HOO! Lisa and Connor showed us their skills.
- Monday we spent the day at the Spraypark in the local park. Sarah Jane LOVED it and couldn't get enough. She really is a water baby. Rexburg holds the International Dance Festival each year and this evening they had a parade down Main Street. The groups all performed a number. They are not great dancers but it was still fun to be there. Meggers fed Sarah snowcone and Sarah gobbled it right up. Later I discovered her trying to drink from a cup I thought I had securely hidden away from her. Sugar, she just wanted sugar! (I can't say that I blame her!) Lisa Marie and I got talking about this article I read about a father who had tested out all of the things they put their babies through, thus the swaddling and nose sucker pictures (both of which we do to Sarah often!) Isn't this what siblings do when they get together or are we teh only CrAzY oNeS!?!?
- Tuesday Richard, Sarah and I headed to Yellowstone National Park and Mesa Falls. What a terrific day. We saw lots of wildlife, Old Faithful, and hiked to the Natural Bridge. We're so happy that Sarah enjoys being outdoors and that we can continue to do that many things we enjoy.
- Wednesday we said goodbye to the Jensens and headed to Heber to meet Richard's family. I wasn't ready to go yet because once again, I was loving the country life. Luckily Heber is just as country but with a little more class. Sarah didn't travel too well from Rexburg to Heber. My arm was twisted into her carseat holding the pacifier in for most the drive.
- Thursday was spent in Park City riding the Alpine Slides and the Coaster. FUN, FUN, FUN! The girl cousins wore their purple polka dot shorts and the boys wore matching gray Old Navy America T's. Sarah's shorts fit her better now than when she received them, but they still looked more like pants than shorts. She will probably be able to wear them next year which is super cool.
- Friday Richard kayaked the Provo River and I took Sarah Jane to the doctor. She had pink eye and I wanted to get her started on her drops ASAP. She's all better now. Sarah's tooth poked through her gums today. She won't let us look at it though the litle stinkbug.
- Saturday we went waterskiing in the morning. Please if you ever go tubing, sit backwards---it adds a whole new dimension to the already insane adventure. We went to lunch with Sarah Zobell in the afternoon before she leaves for grad school in CO, and then we went to Sundance Theater for a performance of "A Mid Summers Night Dream"
- Sunday we had made the trek home. 13 1/2 hours. Traffic from Vegas to LA was torture, but we expected that!
- BTW...while in Heber we had 23 people in an amazing cabin plus all of these: JUST HOW I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO DECORATE!! :)


2 comments:
We had so much fun with you guys and Lauren really enjoyed getting to feed Sarah Jane a bottle AND food! I hope she's feeling better. (you guys, too)
What a wonderful trip you kids had!
I am so glad the "trial" with Sirri came after you had gone home!
It wouldn't have been much fun otherwise. Prayers work!!!!!
Glad you all got home safe and sound! Our brunch was wonderful!!
Thank you so much!
We love you!
Post a Comment