Friday, May 30, 2008

Where Has The Time Gone

Sarah is 6 months old today and I can hardly believe it. The doctor today told her that she gets half a birthday cake to celebrate her half-birthday.

It seems like just yesterday that Richard and I were going to St. John's Hospital to see if we were going to be parents. We were scheduled to have an early morning C-Section because Sarah had been breach at the appointment the day before. We didn't however believe it until we had another ultrasound the morning of. With all of Sarah's flip-flopping the last 4 weeks of pregnancy we never knew which way she would be facing.


Leaving for the hospital

We arrived at the hospital at 5 a.m. assuming we would have an ultrasound immediately and if she had turned face down they would send us home. We ended up having to wait over 2 hours for our doctor to arrive. That was torture!! Not until that ultrasound was performed did we really believe that November 30 was the big day.
We just had the ultrasound and now know we will be parents. Can you see the anticipation in my face?! 





Here are her 6 month stats...
  • 15 pounds 6 ounces - 50th percentile...boy has she come a long way!!
  • 25 1/2 inches long - 50th percentile
  • 44 cm head circumference - between the 75th and 90th percentile...poor girl just might have a head complex like her mother! Sometimes I call her noggin. :)
  • CUTE AS EVER!!!!!
  • She's still propelling herself about via her backbend slide.
  • She talks nonstop during waking hours and sometimes even in her sleep. She uses her high register; Richard thinks one day we won't be able to hear it but all the dogs in the neighborhood will.
  • She plays quite well by herself. Some mornings we hear her in her room just chatting away. She'll stay there for a good 1/2 hour.
  • Eats 4-5, 7 ounce bottles a day.
  • Is sleeping through the night and mom and dad are super appreciative! We DO KNOW how fortunate we are---she's a super star!!!
  • Enjoys tummy time now.
  • Sits face forward in her stroller now instead of using the carseat adaptor unless we are jogging or walking really fast. She seems to really like it because she can check everything out. Mommy on the other hand, despises it because I have no one to talk to and look at while we are walking. It makes me lonely!
  • She can take her pacifier in and out of her mouth by herself now, although sometimes it ends up vertical instead of horizontal.
  • Still HAS TO be swaddled in order to sleep. It immediately calms her down if she's upset.
  • Sits up assisted with her boppy pillow but her favorite position is still a backbend.
  • Loves her toes.

THEN -- November 30, 2007

NOW--6 MONTHS LATER

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

I LOVE THIS POST!! The pictures are adorable, and I had never heard those things before so I love you blogging, it makes me feel like we are not so far apart!! I miss my twin sister!! I love you, Sarah is just toooo adorable..I love that last picture, I just want to smooch her cheeks.

Rozanne said...

I love that she still needs to be swaddled. I thought Easton was the only one still being swaddled at 6 months. He has been weened off the swaddling, but he still loves his blankets!

Lisa-Marie said...

I miss her terribly. TERRIBLY!

I can't believe how big she is.
(though Connor weighed that at 1 1/2 months!!!) Did you have that last pic professionally done? Have I not seen it cause there is a surprise one for me in the mail?

LOve you lots. Kiss the sweetness for me!!!

P.S. Love the mommy's day card. Richard, you are #1!!!

cindy. said...

oh my gosh. can you PLEASE email me that last picture of her? it is to die for cute!!! I NEED IT!!!!

love you and miss you all.

MOVE TO BOISE ALREADY!

dana said...

Happy 6 months little girl! It's fun to read your stats because Owen is just a week behind her. Interesting to compare notes. And yes, I can't believe it's been 6 months! Sarah sounds like she is passing with flying colors!

Jen said...

I like your journal entry. Guess what, the time only seems to go faster. So you really do have to enjoy every moment because before long she will be six and you will be old. :)
End of July huh? You'll have to get me the dates. I am sure we could work something out!
Love ya girl.

Grandma W. said...

Boy! She is doing great, Kids!!!
I can't believe she still likes to be swaddled! As active as she is, it amazes me! Maybe that is when she really rests! We will get to see the real thing very soon!!!
Can hardly wait!!!
We love you!

Anonymous said...

Love the Mother's Day card, that must have taken awhile! Was the last one Leila's picture?

Pam said...

What a special day that was!!! Longest plane ride ever but well worth the trip!!!! Mom
P.S. Please send me a copy of that 6 month picture! And the one from the Dodger game and all others! They are adorable! Mom