just how tough the Santa Monica stairs are...UGH!
I have been exercising since Sarah has joined our family but I haven't made it over to the stairs for any of the killer workout they provide. This morning we decided to get back into it again...UGH!
It's been cloudy and off and on rainy the past couple of days and it's suppossed to continue for the rest of the holiday weekend (isn't that how it always works?!). As we pulled up and were parallel parking, of course it began raining, but we decided to go for it anyway! We put Sarah in her stroller as the covers from her carseat and stroller meet...she didn't get a single drop on her and was nice and snuggley warm inside. People did look at us like we were a little crazy.
I started on the stairs and Richard jogged around the long block from 7th - 4th Streets with Sarah Jane. It worked out perfectly. After 2 sets we traded then we each went back for one more. How sad, we only did 3 sets of stairs and boy could I feel it.
I have vowed to get back to them weekly if not more and hopefully soon I will be able to do more than 3 measley sets but atleast we walked around the block too, right!?
Saturday, May 24, 2008
My Legs Had Forgotten
Posted by Kim at 2:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
3 sets is better than none! Be proud of what you did! You rock.
For all the years I lived on the west side, I never actually did The Stairs. Hooray for you! Seriously.
And thanks for the comments on Machu Picchu. I love hearing feedback from people who have been!
Oh Boy! That makes my legs hurt just hearing about it!! I am so out of shape since my surgery, it is pitiful!! Hopefully, I will start doing better with what I am supposed to do!!
Love you!
Post a Comment