It was a busy week but a fun one. Sarah and I were out of town and so I thought this would be the best way to catch up on what I have missed.
On May 10, we drove down to San Diego for the wedding of the century. I have been waiting for this wedding for many years and am so glad that it finally happened. Jim and Whitney Kringel were married in the San Diego temple. We were able to join them for the
sealing. Aunt Patty watched Sarah all day for us. When I called earlier in the week to make certain Patty was still able to watch her she said she couldn't wait. I also asked if she would mind watching her for the reception as well and not just the wedding. "Don't take my day away from me. I had planned on that. Go to a movie, dinner, I don't care just don't take my day away." was her reply! So we didn't--we let her have the entire day. It was nice for us but
by the end of the evening both Richard and I were ready to get back and see her. It's always so fun when her face lights up upon seeing us. What a confidence boost that is! :)
sealing. Aunt Patty watched Sarah all day for us. When I called earlier in the week to make certain Patty was still able to watch her she said she couldn't wait. I also asked if she would mind watching her for the reception as well and not just the wedding. "Don't take my day away from me. I had planned on that. Go to a movie, dinner, I don't care just don't take my day away." was her reply! So we didn't--we let her have the entire day. It was nice for us butWe spent Monday driving with Sarah Zobell to Utah. Sarah has moved to Utah until she go
es to graduate school. She drove down for the wedding and so that she could retrieve the things she
had stored at our house. We decided to go with her so that we could meet Xander and so that the Berg's could meet Sarah Jane. Ashley and I have been best friends since the 6th grade and finally we have kids the same age. (she has 2 others) Sarah Jane did great in the car and we actually made really great time; 11 hours with 3 stops.
We spent the week hanging out with the Berg family and it was wonderful. Xand
er is adorable and Maile and Michael are just as cute as ever! Mikey loved Sarah and she loved him back. They played for hours. We could always count on him to keep her occupied. We flew home on Friday evening and found one happy daddy waiting for us. Sarah's face lit up when she saw him. My heart melted!
We spent the weekend trying to keep cool with a backyard BBQ with our friend's the Lovetts. Their kiddos swam in our little pool and we ate and ate and ate. ARGH!
It was a good week but I must say that I am glad to be home and happy that the calendar is looking a little less hectic this week.
5 comments:
How Fun Kim, you sure know how to live life! And BTW you are very welcome for the old lady who swallows a fly. hahah,. I know it doesn't have the best moral to it, other than not eating bugs and animals, but I believe the rhyming and repetitiveness teaches kids reading and rhyming skills! my kids loved it haha.,
Jyl
What a fun week...Ashley looks EXACTLY the same as I remember her. Her kids are adorable, looks like a fun time. After spending the week there are you all ready for four kids???
oops sorry, I forgot to say I love that picture of you and your hubby. So cute!! AND, as always, baby Sarah is adorable.
Okay, I know I'm always asking for more more more pics of Sarah, but then when I see them, I miss her terribly!!! She is so cute. I really think she is starting to look more like you every day. I can really see Bigelow in her.
I think I need to start a countdown chain until you guys get here!!! Sirri and Connor would LOVE that. hmmmm. I just might.
How fun spending the week with
Ashley and her family! My goodness, it is hard to believe you girls have grown up so fast and have all these sweet little ones between you! And, I KNOW how much the California Grandma enjoyed having Sarah with them the entire day!! She loved it!!! I would too!!!!
Love you and see you soon!
Post a Comment