Saturday, March 15, 2008

QUOTE OF THE WEEK...Out of the Mouth of Babes



It is compliments of Connor, my 3 1/2 year old nephew that we will enjoy a humorous quote this week...and because he's so funny, I couldn't put just one. I did not have the privelege of overhearing him speak all of these, but they make me laugh and I must always remember them. As I think about these silly things he says, it makes me anxious and excited for Sarah to grow into toddlerhood.
I have heard it said that inorder to be healthy you should get a daily dose of laughter and I am certain that parents of toddlers do just that!



  • At Lisa's house they have a list of words they don't use. Some of the words on the list, to name only a few, are--hate, stupid, and butt. If ever you use one of these words, either Sirri or Connor will quickly reprimand you for doing so. One day Lisa made Connor mad and his response was, "Butt, I say butt to you!"

  • Sirri and Connor were in the back seat of the minivan and Sirri informed her mom that Connor was sticking his tongue out at her and that he wouldn't stop. Lisa began to ask/tell Connor to stop, when he replied, "Mom, I'm just doing my tongue work." The remainder of the drive Connor kept sticking it out and back in again like it was some sort of daily exercise he had to get done.

  • Connor was sent to the time out chair a few various times while we were visiting Boise this past week. Often when in time out, he would make loud noises, scream for attention, or ask Lisa over and over again if, "Mom, is my time over yet?" One timeout in particular stands out in my mind. He kept telling Lisa that he was going to pee his pants. He even went so far as to say that he was peeing his pants already. At times he sounded like he was crying. I might have given in. Lisa, however, being the smart mother that she is, ignored his antics. When his timeout was over, off he went to play. Lisa reminded him that he had to go to the bathroom, to which he replied (with an enormous smile I might add), "Oh, I don't have to go anymore."
  • Connor was doing something that Lisa didn't like and she proceeded to tell him, "Connor, I do not like that one bit." Connor's response was, "Well, how about 2 bits mom?"
I know most moms and dads experience identical situations daily, but being a new mom, it just gives me something to look forward to/dread. The bad part is that I know myself and I won't be able to keep a straight face...which I also know will only make my children want to do and say more of such things!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Adorable. Reading this made me smile...Thanks. I really do love the toddler age they are so much smarter than we give them credit for and everyday they say something honest and it is so true and amusing. But, enjoy your newborn while you still can because you will blink and it will be all over! It really is crazy how fast kids grow up!! Tell Lisa her kids are adorable!!
xoxo

Pam said...

Kim, I think you left the best one off. How about when Lisa told Connor that "I do not like that one bit!". To which Connor replied . . . "how about two bits Mom?" He is the sweetest little stinker I know! It was wonderful having you all here last week but I must admit I'm rather excited to go home tonight to your quiet Dad!
Love you all so much. Mom

Stephanie, if you see this . . . you look fantastic and I would love to see your blog!!!! Pam

Lisa-Marie said...

Funny Boy! I'm going to have to steal this for my blog. Thx for doing the hard work!

And mom doesn't read very closely does she...the two bits story IS there. Goofy mommy.

P.S. I miss you and Sarah like crazy!

Kim said...

So you all know...after reading my mom's comment I went in and added that comment to my post. it was actually the one that made me want to write this in the first place, but i spaced it; my brain still doesn't function very well. most moms tell me it never will again! SO, my mom can read!! :)

Thanks mom for reminding me! XOXO

Lisa-Marie said...

Oops. Sorry Mom. I misjudged!!! Love you!

Grandma W. said...

Oh, honestly, you girls are all crazy!! Yes, Connor does say some funny things. He is so cute and his onryness is because he is the middle one!! I know all about that! But, we love her!!! Not that way any more!
We love you!