Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Over the Hill...


Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Richard,
Happy Birthday to you.
We love you we do,
We love you we do,
We love you dear Richard,
We love you we do!
You look like a monkey and you smell like one too.
It's Richard's 40th Birthday today, however noone really believes me when I tell them that he's THAT OLD. They all think he looks much younger than that. Or maybe it's that they think he acts much younger! :) Who knows people may think I look older than he does. I have questioned doing this post as I didn't want to embarrass my private husband, but decided I would so that our posterity can read about what a terrific husband and father he is.




40 REASONS WHY I AM HAPPY YOU'RE MY GUY...


1) Taking the trash and recycling out every Sunday even though you despise doing it

2) Sorting through the recycling when I just toss it all in without any kind of order

3) Humor…you’re always good for a laugh

4) You enjoy mountain biking…if I could only get you to love road biking then we’d really be the perfect pair

5) You love ice cream more than I do—Grandpa Bigelow’s probably smiling down when you eat those triple scoops faster than I can eat a single scoop.

6) Your love for Sarah Jane

7) You dislike pets as much as I do—we will be on the same page when we tell our children “No, you may not have a dog for your birthday!”

8) The “huh-huh” noise you make when we have our picture taken

9) You don’t poke fun of my ditziness or silly comments: For example when I told you about the lottery billboard and I thought they were advertising that you could win $9. I thought that seemed crazy to pay for a billboard for such a little prize and then I realized it was $9, ooo, ooo! You just laughed and said, “I don’t know that you should have shared that.”

10) You go to work everyday without complaint so that I can stay home and mommy Sarah Jane. There are days I think I would like to work, but most days I am grateful for this gift you give Sarah and me…our days are wonderful!

11) You always disapprove when I talk negatively about myself in anyway.

12) Simple

13) You tell me you love me everyday; more than once!

14) Serve in the temple, even after a long day at the office

15) Never complain about my cooking (or lack thereof lately)

16) You are a real handyman—you enjoy taking things apart and can fix just about anything!

17) You clean up your beard/gotee at least “every other day” because you know I like it that way.

18) Don’t care what other people think

19) When we are going out you make sure to change it up a bit and put on something different than you wear everyday since you know I get tired of the same old thing.

20) You would rather hang out with us than anyone else. When I want couple friends, you are willing to go out with others, but don’t need to because you are quite content with just us.

21) Offer to watch Sarah so I can do things by myself

22) You encourage me to continue doing things I enjoy

23) You help me understand the Book of Mormon. When we read together you always explain what is or has taken place.

24) On Sunday mornings you feed, burp, bathe, cloth, and play with Sarah so that I can take as long of a shower as I would like, shave my legs, eat breakfast, and try on every dress in my closet before opting for the same one I wear every week because it’s the one that fits the best right now.

25) After I try on every dress you don’t mind that all the others are all over the bed and floor and you then tell me I look lovely in that same old dress. You must be sick of it by now.

26) You help me prepare my Sunday School lessons

27) You let me sleep in the car—as if you have a choice

28) Your smile makes me happy!!!

29) You opt to spend your Christmas money on your daughter instead of yourself

30) You give thoughtful gifts

31) You’re frugal so I don’t have to be (as much)

32) You’re slow to anger

33) You apologize when you are in the wrong

34) You give good hugs

35) You eat breakfast with Sarah Jane so I can exercise

36) You have learned to ask all the right questions so that when you come home with information/a story about someone, you can tell me all the details I will want to know.

37) You make the bed?!?!

38) Your black leather couch is in the den and not the front room

39) You are honest in all your dealings

40) You honor the Covenants you have made

Love, Your girls

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love number 8! In that one family picture with Mom and Dad before they left for their mission, the only thing that kept me smiling while she took 5,000 pictures was hearing Richard doing that noise over and over and over . . .
I always thought Richard would make a good dad, I'm glad I was right. And thank you Kim for making that possible!
Happy Birthday Richard!

Lisa-Marie said...

#41: You put up with your crazy/obnoxious/dramatic/emotional sister in law!

Happy Birthday Richard. We are so glad to have you as part of our family. And you make CUTE babies. I miss her!

Pam said...

Happy Day Richard. We are thrilled that you are part of our family and so wonderful to our daughter and granddaughter! We love you! Love, Your In-laws!

Miriam Oh Painter said...

I thought you were looking older Rich. No wonder. Congratulations on making it to 40!