
On January 27, 2008 Sarah Jane was blessed by her daddy. It was a wonderful occasion and we had many family and friends who were able to join us for her big day. Both sets of Grandparents were here for the weekend, her Uncle Mark and Aunt Becca and their kids came from Arizona, the Steeles came down from Simi Valley, Darrel and Wendy Burbank came, and some of mommy and daddy's friends were there as well. Sarah looked beautiful in her white dress and was such a good little girl during her blessing. I was petrified that she was going to cry during the entire thing, but those priesthood holders bounced her just right.

Daddy gave her a special blessing and her life should be wonderful! There is much to look forward to. She was blessed with health and the desire to exercise and eat right. She was blessed to obey the Word of Wisdom, to love the scriptures, and to desire to go to the temple. I appreciated that Richard blessed her to have a sense of humor; she'll need it living with him, and that she would not be easily offended. She was blessed with kindness to others and with a love for her family and friends. He blessed her with a desire to learn and get a formal education. She was blessed to become a mother and grandmother one day. All of my single friends who were there said that maybe their dads left that part out of their blessings and that's what's wrong with them. :) Sarah was also blessed to find a husband who honors his priesthood and most importantly, her!

It was a beautiful blessing and the spirit was there. It really made me pause and think about what I need to improve in my own life so that I can help Sarah accomplish these things. If she is going to love exercising, I better. If she is to gain an understanding and love of the scriptures and the temple, then I better as well. If she is going to have charity for others, well then I better be prepared to teach her that through example. This mother thing is tough and requires a lot, but I am grateful for the opportunity it gives me to become a better person as well.


On a special sidenote. Sarah is sitting in her Great, Great Gram's chair, Esther Weldon and for her special blessing day she wore a necklace that belonged to her Great, Great Grandmother Bernice Hiatt. This necklace is special not only because it belonged to her Great, Great Grandma and she teethed on it. You can see the teeth marks on the back side. But it is special because all of the little girls in our family have been blessed wearing it or have worn it in a picture when they were babies. One day when Sarah has a little girl, she too can wear it just as Sarah and I did.
5 comments:
What a special day that was to have everyone there. We are so thankful for our dear friends that are so supportive of our family!!! Sarah looked like an angel and her Daddy did give her a very special blessing. You are wonderful parents and will help her to achieve many goals in her life. We love you, Mom and Dad
She is beautiful! I didn't know that Darrel and Wendy were there. Why didn't I know that?! I love them so much. They are so special and we are so blessed.
Sounds like an amazing blessing. I didn't expect anything less. I'm thankful Richard is in our family. I love him.
LOVE YOU ALL!!!!
ok. I LOVE HER. she looks so beautiful.
thank you for sharing the thoughts from her blessing. i think i needed to hear that. something really struck a cord in me.
love you sister.
i'm grateful for you, baby sarah, and richard.
What a wonderful tribute to Sarah Jane that you shared her blessing day with all of those who weren't present! I'm soooo happy we were able to come up and see your beautiful baby girl and all the family for lunch! We are all so blessed with so much loving family and I feel especially blessed to have you, Richard and Sarah so close. Remember how you said you'd wait another 30 years for Richard ... Well I have to agree ... He WAS worth the wait! He's an awesome Hubby and Daddy!! Love you!!
Thanks for the post, I enjoyed reading it and seeing the pictures. These are the times I miss our flight benefits. :(
Post a Comment