I am not one to get star struck, however sometimes when I do see famous folks, I am reminded of where I live and that they are everywhere and they do the same things we do.
Two weeks ago Lisa and Cindy were here visiting and we had a WONDERFUL time! We got out and did quite a few things. It was lovely escaping the confines of 832 25th Street. Lisa, being from Rexburg, Idaho was amazed at some of the things that make Los Angeles, the big city that it is. She was intrigued by the fact that valet parking is a requirement at most places, that at the local Pinkberry pictures were not allowed, and all the traffic, traffic, and more traffic. The entire time Lisa was here she wanted to see a star. I've seen famous people but sometimes you don't even recognize them...believe it or not, they look just like me and you.
I told her that I had seen the following:
- the green goblin from Batman- William Defoe (spelling?!?!) (BIGLOTS)
- the mother from Home Alone-Kathleen or Katherine _______ (ALSO BIGLOTS)
- Brittany Spears (Near the PROMENADE at an EYEGLASS STORE)
- Ed's girlfriend (if you never watched Ed, you missed out...I still really miss that show) (THE GETTY MUSEUM)
- Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman (WHOLE FOODS)
- Ricky Shroeder (At STAKE CONFERENCE)
Last week Carla came to meet Sarah Jane and we too had a WONDERFUL time! In contrast to the busy week my sisters and I had, about the only thing Carla, Sarah, and I did was stroll down Montana Avenue, a posh little street in my neighborhood. We purchased Sarah some adorable outfits and grabbed my favorite treat, Pinkberry. (Which I am no longer eating because I think baby doesn't do cow's milk very well!! ) Well, we had star sightings while out and here's who I can now add to the list. Sorry you missed it Lisa. Come again and we will spend the whole time boutique shopping along Montana!
Marsha Cross and she too was shopping in various baby boutiques.And here's the best one, the one that had Lisa been with me, I think she might have made a scene - so forgive me sister, but part of me is glad I was with Carla and not you! :) As we walked into Pinkberry, look who walked out. Just think sister, you've eaten there too!!!
2 comments:
OF COURSE I would have made a scene! I would have had my camera out and ready and snappin shots! That makes for good blog material. Well, duh. Obviously you know that. I would have been most excited to see the cute red head. I don't watch anything she is in but I think she is so cute.
Oh well. Next time!
Oh, come one Kim! Let Lisa be star struck and cause a scene. You can just duck out the door and act like you don't know her!!
Mom
P.S. I think the red head is cute too Lisa. I think she just had twins!
Post a Comment