Wednesday, January 6, 2010

We're in TROUBLE Now

I've always said that Sarah will stay in her crib until she's 4.

We have a great sleep arrangement around here.

In bed somewhere between 7:30 & 8:30.

Up at 8:00 when daddy goes in to get her for their morning breakfast date.

I proceed to get ready for the day.

I'm lucky!

I know!!

Well, Monday morning Sarah climbed out of her crib.

Richard found her next to, not in her crib when he went in to get her for their Monday morning trash truck watching.

Lucky girl...lots of quality daddy time!

We didn't make a big deal of.

Actually we said nothing to her in hopes that she'd forget she had climbing skills and not do it again.

Yesterday went smoothly.

As did this morning.

But naptime is a different story.

Sarah went down for her nap kicking and screaming, simply because I removed one of her shoes and not her.

She screamed and screamed and screamed.

Then quite ensued.

I went to put the baby down, there was silence in the room next door.

Until I heard scratching...on her door.

I stood on the stairs and listened.

Yep, she was not in her crib.

Next thing I knew she was opening and slamming the door shut.

Over and over and over again.

Now what happens to my "she'll be sleeping in her crib til she's 4" theory?!

It just doesn't seem safe for her if she stays in her crib.

BUT

It doesn't seem safe for me if she's out of it.

UGH...

Parenting decisions never stop!!!!

4 comments:

David said...

We had the same problem with Dallin when he was just over 18 months in that very same house. We had to get rid of the crib because Dallin kept hurting himself when he climbed out. He did not care. He valued his freedom more than his safety. So we went to the mattress on the floor thing and often we found him napping on the floor not on the mattress. Oh well!! By the way Easton still has not climbed out of his crib. he he!

Unknown said...

We have a convertible crib, and took the front off of it at 18 mo., so Nathan has had a day bed for some time. He gets out and reads books, tinkers around for a bit sometimes, but always ends back up in bed. Nathan is getting a big boy bed, though, for his birthday, since Grandpa (Tom) made him bunkbeds! (Only setting up one for now.) Anyway, we made the transition early for fear of Nathan launching himself out!

catharooni said...

something about agency comes to mind ... what a smart, talented little miss sj you have! i know your brain will come up with a fabulous solution (compromise).

ps. don't let luke learn to crawl until he is 2. maybe then you can keep HIM in the crib until age 4!!

Pam said...

Grandma is just chuckling and not sure what to say!!!