Since Richard is a student we decided we better do something big and grand for his spring break, as that's what you do over spring break when you're a student. While we know Cabo or Maui or even California would have been super fun, we figured we do something even more fun; potty train Sarah Jane!
We tried to potty train Sarah many, many months ago and it was a big old disaster and so I was fearful of potty training and the fact that Sarah would say, "Mom, I just love my diapers too much" didn't give me much hope either. I really thought it was going to be a nightmare. Luckily, it wasn't!!
We started off by letting Sarah pick out something she would like to earn. We went and took a picture of her with her prize but didn't purchase it that day. Her Snow White dress had to be earned. She was so excited when she finally got to bring it home.
The potty training went well. Our biggest struggles were getting her to transition from her little potty to the big potty. We finally just had to take the little one away and spend the morning locked in the bathroom. We also decorated her toilet with Dora Stickers. Once she went once it was never an issue again.
For the most part, it was a painless process and we're so proud of her. She proud of herself as well. Whenever she goes (still) she'll ask if we're proud of her and then say, "I'm SO, SO proud of me too!" Makes me laugh everytime. And although in all honesty we would have rather been on vacation somewhere tropical (we're really missing the sun), we know we're too poor for that right now and are happily saving money on diapers so that maybe next year we can make it to Cabo! HA HA--if only it were that easy!!
2 comments:
NICE! I hate potty training, but it's so nice when it's done! Yeah Sarah Jane!!
Yes! It happened so quickly when you did it!! She is so smart, I knew it would be a snap id she
"wanted" to! She even told me,
"Grandma, you are such a good helper!", when I helped her!! Oh, how we enjoy having her come in and watch children's movies with us!!!! And, soon, we will be able to have Luke too!
We love having you here! Sorry, Rozanne and Patty!! Really!!!
Post a Comment