There are many things we miss about California but are quite happy here in Idaho. Change is hard. But change can also be good.
In California we always kept really busy with our friends; we had park days, running at the beach, weekly Disneyland outings, music makers, Thursday play groups, holiday parties, beach day, etc. We never had to look very far for something super fun to do. Well, things aren't quite the same here, but rather than sitting around thinking the grass is always greener on the other side, I did something about it...
I started music makers here. I put it together and lead it every week which I find fun (lets the teacher in me out) and we have it in my family room. I had to be super creative with the instruments since we're a little tight on funds, but it is coming together wonderfully. I never know how many people will be here but it's always been a blast. Everyone's kids (mine included) love it and talk about it all week. That's just what I was hoping for and in the process the kids and I are making friends and come summer, maybe we'll have some friends that will want to keep us just as busy as our CA friends did.
Sarah helped me make the sand block instruments and I must say I've never seen others quite as cool as ours. We also have rhythm sticks made from dowels, and tiny boxes of sugar baby candies covered in colored duct tape. I am working on jingle bells and drums. I purchased a parachute and have been able to round up enough fun, inexpensive manipulatives to use for movement and parachute.
WE LOVE MUSIC MAKERS!!!
6 comments:
I'm so proud of you. That is awesome. You've done something I've wanted to do for the past two years and never managed (well, part of that had to do with a super rough pregnancy, newborn, callings etc...) but seriously, I've wanted to figure out how to start my own in our home but haven't. So, way to go. I'm so glad you did it.
I think that is the cutest idea to so for the little ones!! Music is an absolute necessity in life and the younger you start them, the better!! I am so proud of you Kim for all the fun and educational activities you do for Sarah & Luke plus all the other children!!
We love you!!
You're such a cute mom...Great job!
Amazing. You are just so, so amazing. I hope it's going well. I'm sure all the other moms are SO thrilled and happy you started it up!! Take more pictures of the kids in action. I'd love to see it! MISS YOU!!!
You are INCREDIBLE!!! What an inspiration. I'm sure the other moms are wondering what they ever did before you guys moved in!
Kim, I am SO impressed! You are such a rockstar for doing all of that. We miss you here!
Post a Comment