(Don't mind the flower jacket...we went to grandma's and wanted to go to the park but i forgot jackets, so he borrowed his 4 year old cousins jacket. look how well it fits this big guy!)
On Sunday (the 3rd) when Richard reminded me of our whereabouts 18 months ago, I was floored at how quickly time with this little guy is going by. Everyday is a joy with him in our home. His smile lights up any room and his giggle is infectious. He's super laid back, just like his daddy; except when provoked by his sister. Hmmm, when I think about it, that's also, just like his daddy. :) He is learning so much everyday and wants to be just like Sarah. He's in love with books and if he turns up missing I can almost always find him behind the couch with a basket of books. We love that about him. When he wants you to read a story to him he gets his book, and then backs up into your lap. You know immediately what he wants. Reading is his favorite past time with his Great Grandma Bigelow and I believe she enjoys it just as much as he does, if not more! Luke has 16 teeth and knows how to use them. Sarah usually has marks to prove it, poor girl! He's quite the dancer, rocking out to everything from hymns to hip-hop. He "talks" constantly. While we are beginning to understand more and more of his words, he usually gets what he wants with his grunts and finger pointing. He loves balls and being outside. If he has both together, all the better! He's an explorer and finds something new and interesting on every outing. His eyes are still blue as can be and I swear they twinkle. He's the best cleaner upper; just start singing the Barney cleanup song and you've got yourself a hard worker. He listens well. When he's done eating you know, as he throws whatever is left on his plate on the floor and pushes himself away from the table.(we're working on this) He's a climber but does seem to be outgrowing that stage, kind of! He loves to have his neck smooched on. We sing him I am a Child of God at bedtime and whenever else he needs calming; works like a charm. He's just begun giving full, fledged, arms around the neck hugs. Melts his mama's heart every time!
We love, Love, LOve, LOVe, LOVE having him in our family.
HE IS JOY and brings so much of it into our lives.
How blessed we are to have him in our home!!!
STATS:
30.4 pounds
33 inches long
19 inches circumference of head (runs in the family)
90th %ile
smart
silly
smoochable!!!
4 comments:
I really wish we were coming up this weekend . . . he is so grown up, I won't even recognize him next time I see him, and he for sure won't know who we are. :(
Everything you say surely is true!
He is the sweetest little boy and those big blue eyes do twinkle!!
We will be glad when he can sit still long enough to watch the movies too, so he can come with
Sarah!! And, I love it how he loves Papa!! Makes him feel so good!! We thank the Good Lord for helping you move to Boise!! Those two sweet kids have really brightened up our lives!
Love you!!!
Man, he is such a cutie...I can't believe he is already 18 months!!
SOMEbody looks like his cousins!! gorgeous ...
Post a Comment