Friday, April 22, 2011

FORTY -THREE

My hubby's 43. While I do tease him about it, I don't really think he's old. Oh, except when we go visit him at school and I see his classmates. That does make him look old!! But I love him to pieces and am so lucky to have him!!

We had balloons, streamers, and a banner Sarah loved making for him. I was sad when it had to come down.





As I am sure I have mentioned before and will probably mention every single year, a birthday is not a birthday without cake for Richard so I try to make him happy with something spectacular. :) This year a majority of what he talks about at home are circuits and wires, and a bunch of mumbo jumbo I totally don't understand, but I thought I would try to make a birthday cake that tied into all things electrical engineering. It seemed so fitting for this time in his life.


I know nothing about circuits and so before you think I am so creative, etc, etc, I copied this from a cake I saw online and if you're a computer/circuit junkie, I know it really wouldn't make anything work in the real world but it made Richard's day!


That's all that matters!!!

Thanks to my parents who had a slumber party with the kids that night so we could go out to a movie and sleep in. Ahhh, it was like it was my birthday too.


And I'm sorry if you're sad that I didn't do some flowery post about all of your qualities, twinkly eyes, and stats for your birthday...there's just not enough room! :)


Just know I love you!!!


No, WE love you!!!

1 comments:

Grandma W. said...

How creative!!! You and Lisa should be cake decorators!!! Do you know how lucky you are too, Rich? And - - - - do you, Kim?
I am sure you both know!!! It pays to wait at times doesn't it?
And, then there is Papa and me! Out of the frying pan into the fire!!! But, we have made it for almost 63 years, so guess we didn't do bad!!!
We love you!