Saturday, August 29, 2009

What I've Been Sewing

I have some simple projects in the works right now. Now all I need is time and energy to complete them. Just one more thing to tack onto the long list of things to get done before Stitch arrives.
Here's what I made over the past few months. When I look at all of these things, I guess I haven't been as lazy as I thought. :)

DOUBLE BABY SHOWER


for sweet little Brinley Brown...
the habitual sundress.  So cute
and since her family is way into Disneyland, I thought this would be appropriate

For Baby Boy Wilkinson, who's parents love the beach, a freezer paper stenciled onesie.
SERVICE
There's a blog called Craft Hope and I made these beanies and a receiving blanket that were being sent to India. It's a wonderful program and you still have time to finish Project 4 if you want to join in on the fun; sock monkeys. I can't fit this project in right now, but look forward to helping them in the future.


PERFECT PRESENT TOPPERS
fun new tutorial I found that looks darling attached to the top of a package. It uses scraps of fabric, any kind of packaging that makes a crinkley sound, and small bits of ribbon. Plus they're not too time consuming.

PAPA'S 80th BIRTHDAY
My papa's birthday was in June. Lisa and I did a long distance collaboration that turned out too cute. I made these cupcake celebration skirts for all 4 of Papa's great-granddaughters and she made "I heart Papa" shirts for the girls and "My Papa rocks" shirts for the boys. We had a blast doing this long distance project together. Lis, we need to come up with another. What should it be?

FOURTH OF JULY
3 dresses in red, white, and blue. The blue swirly dot fabric reminded me so much of fireworks. Lisa and I then made curly -q bows to go with them. The 3 cousins were the cutest in Ogden Canyon for sure!!! (Meggers was tired of having her mug taken, thus she's missing.)

SEUSSICAL THE MUSICAL
Lisa, the more outgoing, entertaining, silly one of us girls and her daughter were in a production of Seussical the Musical this summer in Sugar City, ID. I was in charge of costuming the little Who. First Lis just had me make a simple little skirt out of the bright flower fabric, but once she saw the other costumes she decided it wasn't Whoish enough. We used Dana for some inspiration (of course; when don't I?). The rows of fabric are not straight, but I sure know how to make strips of ruffled fabric now. Now I need to work on pinning and sewing them on in straight lines instead of crooked ones. I didn't think it was very cute when I sent it to her, but it does look cuter on and looks perfect for the part she played.

BABY BROCK, WHO'S TOO FAR AWAY
A stenciled onesie of Idaho since that's where Mama Brock and I met a million years ago. A little of my heart will always be there. And since Beck is a flight attendant and the only time I get to see her is when she's on an LA overnighter, I thought the plane was perfect. I love freezer paper stenciling.

SIRRI'S BACK TO SCHOOL WISH, IS MY COMMAND
After I made the 4th of July dresses, Sirri asked if I could make her a blue and pink dress for school. There was no way I could resist this adorable 1st grader's (she was just a tiny tot--UGH) smile.

Sarah's friend Ella had a pony party for her 2nd birthday and she adores carousels. Sarah by the way, doesn't! I thought this was the perfect stencil to celebrate her big day.
I have really come to LOVE sewing & crafting and wish I could squeeze it in everyday.
I never thought I'd be saying that!

8 comments:

dana said...

Wow. that was a jackpot sewing post! Awesome. I'm glad you've been enjoying your craft. You've made some cute stuff!

Lisa-Marie said...

My kids are SUPER spoiled. We are so lucky to be the recipients of your craft more often than not!

We love and appreciate you. Hope you know it.

Kelli Dalley said...

Wow! And I thought I was crafty. You are amazing Kim.

catharooni said...

talent extraordinaire!!!

can you make me a dress???

Grandma W. said...

Honey! You are awesome!!! I can't believe all the cute things you make!! It is so wonderful and we are so proud of you!!! My gosh, I think you get a LOT done all the time!!
I can't tell you how cute everyone thought the little ones were with their shirts and skirts!! They were just darling! You and Lisa make a real good team!!
All the little things you are making for the new little ones are so cute too! You aren't afraid to tackle anything! And, that is great!!
We love you!!

Rozanne said...

I am SO impressed.

Stephanie said...

Great Job, Kim!!

Dimick's said...

Hey Mrs. Domestic,
I have to say that I'm truly impressed with your talents-way to go!
Sarah is getting way too big, what the heck happened???
Love ya