It's been the summer of visitors and we've loved having everyone of them.
Who: The Huffs (minus David)
What: Craig Steele's Highschool Graduation
When: June 11-15
Sarah loves her cousins Logan, Lauren, and Easton. She really had a great time playing with them this visit. They built houses and even built a small one for her, but she prefered to be in the big one with the other kiddos. Logan is really good at entertaining Sarah and she thinks he's great!!! They stayed without us for a few days while we were in San Diego, with us for a few days, and at the Steele's house for the remainder of their visit.
Who: Grandpa Atchley
What: first, short stop on a 3 week driving vacation from one place to another to another
When: July 18-19
Sarah has a blast when Grandpa Atchley visits. It makes me happy that even though he's far, far away in Nashville, she knows who he is and is always excited to see him. We were at our ward pioneer day picnic when Richard picked him up at the airport. Ron was in this ward for many, many, many years and everyone is always glad to see him. When he and Richard arrived at the park, lots of people were excited to see him, but not as excited as Sarah. She kept yelling "Ga-Ga, Ga-Ga" in his direction as he was greeted by others until he finally heard her and came in her direction. Everyday he was here Ga-Ga was the first word out of her mouth in the morning, whereas normally it's banana. Love that! Come again Ron!!!
Who: Cindy & Lara
What: Sunny, summer getaway
When: July 22-26
I must admit that this was one visit I was looking very forward to. I miss Cin immensely and her friend Lara is a hoot. Cindy has never been here in the summertime and whenever she has been here it's always been for a particular reason, never just for a little R & R. This time she got her fill of Santa Monica and I think she'll be back sooner rather than later. If it were up to me she could just stay in our guest room f-o-r-e-v-e-r!! She and Lara rode our beach cruisers to the beach most days, ate glorious food, joined us for a pier concert, and went home very tan.
Who: Grandpa & Grandma Atchley
What: To play with Sarah and Ron had a dental appointment :)
When: August 2-7
This was a great visit as Grandma Liz was able to join Ron for this trip "home". We were glad to have her here and once again, Sarah loved having Grandparents in the house. I even had the opportunity to run a few errands without Sarah and let me tell you, while I love her company, it's sure nice to be able to browse every now and then without her.
Who: Sarah Z & MOH joined us for a couple of the days
What: Missing LA trip I believe
When: August 5-9
I miss these 2 ladies a lot. Sarah is a popular gal and always has many people she likes to visit when she's in town and so it makes me happy she stays with us so I can see her. We went to Mormon night at Dodger Stadium. Sarah and MOH took Sarah Jane to the beach on Friday so Richard and I could both attend a funeral. Friday night I had a girls night out with them and a couple other of the coolest girls around. We went to California Chicken Cafe, to the movie Julie & Julia, and then for coconut flavored Pinkberry. Best night!
BTW--I have not been in photo taking mode lately so I only have photos if our visitors took them.
5 comments:
insanely jealous of your last visitors!!! but so happy you are having a greta summer ... and i love these posts ... hope they continue!
Oh and guess who the next visitor is going to be?!?!? I can hardly wait! My cell phone is with me constantly!
I was going to say NO FAIR, but we will be there soon! Yippeeee!
Yes! You have had vistors! Isn't it fun? I am glad Sarah remembers her grandparents beings we are two of them! I told your Mom if she was too busy when you had Stitch, I would be happy to go and stay with you!! Guess what?? No Deal!!
I wouldn't want to take that away from her anyway, but I like to tease her! That is something I ALWAYS enjoyed every time!!! Like Mother, like daughter!!
We love you!
Thanks for having us!
Post a Comment