We headed out to Pasadena for the Amgen Tour of California and had a T-E-R-R-I-F-I-C afternoon. We arrived just in time to see them make the first of 5, 5 mile laps around the Rose Bowl.
Sarah enjoyed clapping for the motorcycles more than the cyclists.
Richard was in awe of how fast the team cars whip around the corners. Now he understands why there are always accidents at the Tour de France.
I was just looking for my boy...they fly by so quickly, you don't ever get a real good look but I did make out his chiseled face and number 2 jersey. Now while I do not condone the way he left his family, or the fact that he has been known to hang out with Mary Kate Olsen (gag), he does bring a magical spirit to the sport of cycling and for that reason I am glad he's back. I think this summer we'll have to upgrade our cable package to include Versus so I can watch the Tour. Oh, the magical tour!!
Afterwards we headed to Phillipes for french dipped sandwiches and coleslaw. Yum!
He IS in the photo on the left. How cool would it be to have a Subaru with really expensive bikes on top, and someone else to drive it for you. Oh, that'll be the day. :)
10 comments:
comment & a few responses ...
1. i am happy you can get your lance fix again ... you are sure to be a happier person with it!
2. as you drew my attention to a serious oversight, i have added a new post to my blog. hope you enjoy the shout out!
3. i know they use kilos here ... BUT everything also has a pounds, because we just haven't converted our minds to metric when it come to height and weight ... seriously! distance and volume? those are km's and litres, but the other?? nah ...
also, i think i am becoming re-canadianized. i am even saying university instead of college again!
We were there too, we should have met up! It was a fun day.
We all wish we could have been there with you. love you!
You are too cute.. and yes.. I gag right along with you for The olsens... HOW FUN WAS THAT!!!! ??? I am so glad you all went and enjoyed yourself! Miss you guys!
Oh you must have thought you had died and gone to "Bike Heaven"!! Glad you had such a fun day. And yum . . . Phillipes! That's what I made for dinner last night and they were dang good! Love you!!
Oh and yes, what a darling picture of you in front of all those expensive bikes. I'm glad to see you wiped the drool off your chin!
That's funny...Ethan just did his book report for February, it was a biography on Lance!! hehe
We met him in France in 2005, or maybe it was 2004...not sure which. He was very nice...probably because I sent Ethan over to talk to him first...it's easier to send kids than for adults. :-) Got a picture of him with the boys...Jaidyn wasn't born yet, so it must have been 2004..anyway, he is very nice and wayyyyyyyy better looking in person!!
Honey, I didn't know you were such a Lance Armstrong fan!! But, I should have known! Glad you got to go see him race and sounds like such a fun afternoon! And, just when little Sarah is getting so easy to take everywhere ----------That is great!!!
Love you!!
Wow, I am drooling with you. My sis and I are thinking of going to France this summer just in case this really is his last Tour! And I too make sure to upgrade the cable package every summer just for Le Tour! Two of my favorite things in life, FRANCE & LANCE!!!
i love that your a tour fan as well!! while i do like lance, i'm partial to ivan basso, such a cutie!! my bro. and bro. in law watched it up north in folsom and said they were amazing to watch.
I love Phillipes!
Post a Comment