On January 28, Richard and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary. Somedays I can't believe it's been 3 years and other days, it seems as though he's always been a part of my life.
We celebrated a little early and headed to San Diego for a weekend retreat. My Aunt and Uncle in Carlsbad watched Sarah for us while we were away. We rode our beach cruisers all over the boardwalk, ate fresh fish-n-chips and lobster burritoes, enjoyed a lovely mexican dinner in Old Town San Diego, and even went to a movie.

While we were away, Little Miss didn't miss us one bit. She was spoiled rotten and was attended to non-stop!
On our actual anniversary, Tina Surlin watched Sarah and we went to dinner, a session at the temple, and DeeDee Reese.
We don't ever get each other anything big for our anniversary but Richard does always get me the gift to represent the number of years we've been married. (see here so you can begin planning for your sweetie) Last year I got a bag of cotton balls and this year I received a lovely (???), "genuine leather" fanny pack. He knew the fanny pack was an iffy option and asked if he should take it back before he even gave it to me. I have actually been thinking lately that a fanny pack would come in handy sometimes, but I envisioned one a little bit cuter than this one...
I love these fun little gifts and they make our day even more memorable!
Thanks for making me smile everyday and for putting up with me Richard! Poor fella!
4 comments:
he is lucky to have you!! and the same goes for you ... 3 years?? really?? i agree, it seems like the time has flown, but it also feels like he has been around FOREVER ... oh wait, maybe that was just the nights he wouldn't leave the apartment ... (smiles)
of course, i am selfish and any thought of your anniversary reminds me of the amazing trip to solvang!! i loved that time together with the girls ... and everytime i wear the ring i bought there i think of you and the gang ...
congrats, mrs. atchley!!
Happy Anniversary! 3 Years! How funny is your gift too! Well congrats! You make the PERFECT couple!
I cannot believe it has been three
years already!! Where did they go???!! Glad you had a good time in San Diego and the CFalifornia Auntie Grandma and Uncle Grandpa had a ball, as did the boys! I wish you could drop her off at our house!! Oh well, we are just glad you are not any further away! I like Richards idea of anniversary gifts - cute!
We love you!!
i love that picture of sj and uncle jeff! he's always been such a fun uncle!!!
3 years...that's wild. way to go, sis. find me a husband like yours will you???
:)
love you.
Post a Comment