Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want To...


We had a family party for Sarah on Saturday. I made lily pad cupcakes for the guests and a frog cake for the guest of honor.












Sarah has 3 loves in life...her froggy blanket she has slept with since she was first born. Her froggy non-slip tub things, and a purple stuffed frog, not much smaller than her, that's a replica of her cousin Dallin's frog.

Because of these, frog cake seemed the ideal treat for the birthday girl. She wanted nothing to do with the cake however. We even decapitated it so it was a smaller piece thinking she'd eat it then, but no luck!







Lots of family came to celebrate with us. We know there was lots of family that wishes that they had been here as well, and Aunt Patty did a pretty good job rubbing it in their faces.












Sarah was spoiled (not by mom and dad). Her dad likes the ball popping toy as much (if not more) than Sarah does. At first she cried and cried because it scared her, but now she loves it!!!





















12 comments:

Taryn said...

Those cupcakes are adorable! Happy 1st birthday Sarah!

Lisa-Marie said...

AAAAAAAh. I LOVE those cupcakes! Absolutely darling! And the froggy is cute, too!

Your doll turned out so well and Sarah is the cutest little creation, ever!

I love you Sarah. Thanks for coming to our family!

Grandma W. said...

Sarah, you really had a BIG week!
I don't think we have ever seen you as sober as you were in your birthday pictures! But, you know what?? You are still just darling!! Yes, Aunt Patty did a good job of letting all of us know she was there and we were not!! We sure would have liked to be there! The cakes, Sarah, Mommy and Daddy are all just super!! You are a very lucky little doll!! Oh, the doll is so cute too! You have fun with her!!
We love you!

Grandma W. said...

By the way, Mama and Daddy......
you two probably make the cutest creation there ever was! I would love to get hold of her!!!!!
Love you!

catharooni said...

oh the agony of not making it there to cuddle miss sj before her first b-day - i HAVE to get there before the next one!!

love all the pics, but especially the one with mom, the frog cake, and the BALLOONS!!

Rozanne said...

That ball toy is the only thing that would keep Easton in nursery the first few times. It's great!

Pam said...

Darling 1 year old, darling cake, darling 1 year old, darling dress, darling 1 year old, darling cupcakes, darling 1 year old, darling doll, darling 1 year old!! Did I mention how darling my granddaughter is?!?!? I love you all! Mom/Grandma

Pam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pam said...

P.S. Lucky, lucky Aunt Patty! I told her to give SJ lots of hugs and kisses for Grandma! I'm sure she succeeded at that!

Cindy said...

Cute cupcakes! Hope Sarah had a fun birthday!!

Greek Goddess said...

Totally cute cupcakes and doll! You're talented. Happy Birthday Sarah. Being one is more fun than being 0!

Kelli Dalley said...

Ok, I LOVE THE DOLL! You should go into business, it is so cute!