Thursday, November 13, 2008

M.I.A.

Yes Dad and Grandma, I have been Missing In Action and here's why. I am a crafting, sewing addict, and I can't seem to get enough. CRAZY WEIRD but I love every second of it. Here are some of my latest and greatest, if I do say so myself. (pretty much i am only super excited because never before have i enjoyed or given these kinds of things the time of day.)


I was asked to help out with my ward's Super Saturday and while I rejected the original idea they presented me, I did agree to a couple of others. I put together a Gospel ABC Book as well as a Latter-day Prophet quiet book. It was a lot of fun and I am pleased with the way they turned out. On Sunday it was exciting to see some of the moms pull them out of their diaper bags and hand them over to their kiddos. We had a great time on Saturday completing all the crafts, having cooking demos, tying off quilts for the humanitarian aid, and chatting with the girls. Richard watched Sarah all day and they had quite the day together. Thanks babe!

Yesterday I mailed off my sister's family's Christmas/birthday gifts...all of them, except one (sorry Kendon) was homemade. I had a blast creating things that I hope they will love.

I made Sarah a November, Thanksgiving skirt. I especially like the flower embellishments. I am going to attempt an entire dress for December with some darling plaid, red and green courdoroy I found.









Lately my obsession has been dolls. Sarah turns one on the 30th of this month and I wanted to get her a doll. I decided to make her a funky one I found a pattern for. I attempted a tester and it turned out so well, I have made a couple for gifts. Still working on Sarah's...







That's all folks!! Hopefully I can keep up on the blogging as well as the projects I have planned; we'll see.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Aaawww Kimberly,
I wish we were closer to do crafty stuff together!!

sara :) said...

I'm jealous! Our ward for some reason is the only one in the world that doesn't do a Super Saturday. I'd love to see more pictures of the books you made--I'm desperate for anything that might keep my kids decent during Sacrament meeting!

Oh, and super cute skirt and doll! You're such the crafty one! :)

Rozanne said...

You make dolls now? Are you trying to really make me feel left out? Not only are my sisters way more crafty and talented than I am, now my sister-in-law????

Pam said...

Oh, Rozanne, it is a mystery to lots of us but let me say this . . . I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU KIMBERLY ANN!! I think it is so exciting that you are enjoying crafting and sewing! And you are very, very, very good!!!!!! Love, your proud Mama!

Grandma W. said...

Good for you, Honey!!! You are really doing a good job - on everything! See, you are very talented and you never gave it a try to see before!!! Hang right in there!!!!
We love you!

catharooni said...

well miss krafty kim, nicely done!! looking forward to seeing all your efforts when i come to town next spring ... and i think i will have to have a little girl so she can share in miss sj's hand me downs!

Cindy said...

Hi Kim - you're so crafty! I'm disappointed I missed out on the Super Saturday this year. I've actually been looking through the internet recently for quiet books for church. Do you have templates or patterns for the books you made? They look really cute!

Loralee said...

Kim! You must share the cute sacrament books. I have been trying to assemble one for 4 months now. Please send files!

I can't believe sweet Sarah will be one soon! The good new is it just keeps getting better and better!

We need to plan a day to meet up, since we are both in the SoCal. I would love to meet your fella and introduce you to mine.

Happy Thanksgiving!