Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Day to Remember

I was glued to the television last night. I mean G-L-U-E-D! As I watched the events unravel I was excited. I couldn't help but be excited; it was in the air.

After Obama was announced as the 44th man to be elected president, my students from South Central came to mind. I have been thinking about them eversince. My hope for them right now is that today, they believe more than yesterday, the words I used to share with them, "You can do or be anything you want to be!"

Isn't it wonderful that in America, they truly can!

3 comments:

Pam said...

Wonderful thought Kim . . . I hope some of those little children watched the elections and thought of you reminding them that they can be whatever they want! What a wonderful influence you were on them! I love you! Mom

catharooni said...

right back at ya ... i was thinking about your kids too!! and about fact that every kid born from now on will have the reality that race is no longer an issue in THAT particular area ...

Grandma W. said...

Very good thinking, Honey! I am sure those little students you had will remember what you told them!!
We ALL have a great challenge in our hands and we all will have to work very hard at it!! I think we can do it!
Love you all!!