Monday, October 20, 2008

Underwood Family Farms

Sarah and I met our friends, Tauna and Claire at the farm today. Claire is 13 days older than Sarah and they seem to have a good time together.
While Sarah and Claire posed for a picture together on the train, the girls actually rode with their mommies. Sarah thoroughly enjoyed herself. When I sat her down and strapped her in, her legs starting kicking. The entire train ride, she was giggling and grinning from ear to ear.
I discovered that rides such as these are made for daddies. (What a wimp I am) I was feeling quite nauseas by the time the ride was over. It was only about 3 minutes and the tiniest circle, but oh boy, my tummy didn't like it!
Here's our little pumpkin! I was able to get a couple pictures of her smiling however the majority of the time she was busy eating hay and dirt clods. When will she grow out of this stage?
The other day at the park when a mommy saw Sarah eating sand by the handfuls (truthfully), she flipped out and said she's missing a mineral or nutrient in her diet. I wonder what mineral is found in hay and dirt clods?

Had to get our self portrait. Look at all those pumpkins...and we didn't even bring a single one home. I opted for a 1/2 flat of fresh strawberries so I can make jam. I figure we'll save the pumpkins (they're not cheap) for next year when she'll actually enjoy it. She can enjoy strawberry jam now and so can I!! Looks like I have a project for Wendesday.
I just love her!

***BTW--We ate at The Natural Cafe in Moorpark afterwards. Delicious and if you get a chance, you should find one and enjoy!! Their name says it all. So fresh and delicious!!!

8 comments:

Rozanne said...

How is it that in the first picture of Sarah on the train I think she looks just like Richard's baby pictures, and in the picture of her & the pumpkins I think she looks like Kim? Crazy. She's cute, either way. I love that she's waving. She really is adorable.

Grandma W. said...

How cute!! Looks like you were both having fun!! Too bad Pappa and Grandma weren't there ---- we would probably have gotten the pumpkin for Sarah, however, she will appreciate it much more next year and you will all LOVE the strawberry jam!!
Love you!

cindy. said...

i know i've said it a thousand times, but i can't get over it...I HAVE THE CUTEST MOST LOVABLE NIECE IN THE WORLD. really...she is waving at the camera? rips my heart right out.

love you all. wish i were there to make and eat strawberry jam with you.

sara :) said...

How cute! I just love her little Halloween bows!

Stephanie said...

This looks like so much fun!! I love all the pictures. Love Sarahs cute little bow too! :-)

I was looking at a picture on Cindy's facebook, there is one where your mom is holding Sarah and it is adorable!! I think Sarah looks like her Grandma Bigelow. What do you think? (I always ask people what they think because some people think my Quintin and Ethan look alike until they get to know them better and they don't look alike at all!!) Just interested.

Aunt Penny said...

What a fun farm! Sarah looks like she is having lots of fun.

Aunt Penny

Cindy said...

what a fun little trip. i didn't realize how close in age Sarah and Claire are! they're so cute together.

amy said...

Kim you look fabulous, a true celebrity in my opinion. And how about that homemade costume, what's up with that Martha? Happy Halloween!