Monday, October 6, 2008

EMMETT, IDAHO

We went to an apple orchard last week to pick our own apples. It was an excellent way to spend a Saturday morning. I forget how beautiful the valley of Emmett is with all of it's fruit trees. The apples were tastey.
I only wish we lived close enough that we could have taken some home to make treats with.




They squeezed/pressed fresh apple juice. Delicious!! I could have drank the entire container, and it was large. Why do we put sugars, preservatives and add colors to things? Why are we afraid of drinking brown apple juice if that's what color it is when it's squeezed/pressed?

Connor-Man loved watching the apple juice fill up the container.



The kiddos were big helpers. Their buckets were filled over and over again.







Meggers found more creative places to store hers.








Only part of the apples Lisa took home to sauce and dehydrate. My parent's van was also full when we left. When Lis ended up heading back to Rexburg she had 8 paper boxes full and that was after the kids ate about 5 apples each, every single day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you want to pick apples next year, we have five trees, and would love for you to come. You could even make your treats here! We don't have a press, but we do have an apple slinky maker which I'm sure Sarah will enjoy. Plus a canner to save them for later.

Jyl said...

You guys do the coolest things.. and I love the picture of the little one shoving her shirt full! hahah.. Ok I sent a hat to work with James, It may be a little big, but I wanted to her grow into it, and tell me of you want another shape like with muffs etc. Love ya!

Stephanie said...

YOUR BACK...I checked your blog everyday for like a week, you must have been gone!!

Looks like you had a great time, the pictures are so great!!

I love the clip of Sarah eating the cupcake..so DARN cute!!

Annie said...

Yummy apples...apple crisp, carmel apples, apple dumplings etc.. love apples

Grandma W. said...

How fun! And, special to be with all the family!! Sorry you could not take any home with you, Honey!
Don't Lisa's look beautiful all done up? They will really enjoy them this winter! She lets those little ones do more things with her! She is amazing isn't she?
We love you all!