Tuesday, October 14, 2008

THE QUESTION IS...

IS IT A GIRL THING OR JUST A CRAZY KIM THING?!

Our new washing machine was finally delivered this morning and as I am typing I can hear it silently humming away in the next room.

Right now it seems as though nothing could make this day turn sour. I AM ECSTATIC!

I'm not certain if the euphoria is coming from knowing that the laundry that's been piling up on my laundry room floor and busting out of the laundry shoot can now be done, or if it's just knowing that I own a big piece of homemaking equipment.

Sounds silly but the feeling I have right now reminds me of when I received my vacuum from Richard's siblings at my bridal shower....AWWW, it was like the clouds parted that day too!

6 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

totally a "grownup girl" thing. when my old freezer broke down this summer and I got a new one I was the exact same way. I'd decide what to make for dinner according to whether or not I got to go get something from the new freezer or not!!!! I've been stock piling that baby all summer and it is full and I love it. I meant to do a post about it and you've reminded me!!!!

Enjoy your clean laundry!!!! Let us know if folding it all is as much fun!

Jen said...

Yeah for you! I want a new dry and washer set but ours, my Grandma's hand-me-downs, keep holding on.

catharooni said...

even your dreams are responsible! but seriously, i love shiny NEW appliances too!! ... although, next time, in order to make the post REALLY great, put in a picture of miss sj ON the washer!! (smiles) ...

sara :) said...

I'll tell you what: I was without a dishwasher and air conditioning for 4 years (2 pregnancies) and the day we moved into the house and I filled up the dishwasher, I sang and danced through the house! You'd think I had just won the lottery!

So not a crazy thing to be excited about (at least in my opinion!)

Grandma W. said...

Wonderful! There is nothing like a new washing machine!!! Is the dryer still OK? Did you get all the laundry done? Hope so!!! It sure can pile up in a hurry!
Love you all!

Jyl said...

ok thats just a crazy kim thing! You crack me up.. I wish Waching machines were never invented, and then they made clothing 45 cents a piece so I could just throw everything away after wearing it 2 times...(I do that anyway, I am a waster, not a keeper)
Anyway, I have to tell you we recently put that thing you bought us on Rydes car seat, HE LOVES IT! So thank you!