Wednesday, March 25, 2009

You're HOW Old?


Happy Birthday Richard! Wishing you a perfect day and a WONDERFUL year. We're all glad we get to spend it with you!
Growing up, Richard's mother or one of his sisters always made him a fun cake. He still talks about them today. A birthday is simply not a birthday without cake for my rockstar (it's true, he was in a band when i met him), so I whipped up a guitar cake in his honor.

WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Can anyone guess how old he is today?)

13 comments:

Greek Goddess said...

Very cool looking cake. You've got talent!

Lisa-Marie said...

KIM! Very nice! That turned out so well. I can tell just be the smile on Rich's face that he loves it. I really like the colors.

Can't wait to see what cakes the years to come will hold!!!

Rozanne said...

Um, 4 years older than I am? Happy Birthday Richard! Nice cake skills, Kim.

Anonymous said...

42?

cindy. said...

um...isn't that charming brother in law of mine the big FOUR-O??????? whoa. you're totally old ;)

i love the cake sister! you're amazing! and i agree with lisa...the look on richard's face is priceless...you can tell he loves it!

Rozanne said...

A-ha . . . I see the clue now.

Taryn said...

Amazing, Kim. Seriously, such a neat cake, I love it.

Stephanie said...

The cake is so AMAZING!!! Great job!!

Miriam Oh Painter said...

Great cake!

Jyl said...

GREAT CAKE!!! I am so proud of you! It turned out amazing! Happy Birthday Rich from the Holiday clan.

Jen said...

You are awesome. I found a funny shirt for your princess I will mail it to you! It just made me smile and thing of you and richard.... love ya, how are you doing?

Grandma W. said...

Happy, Happy Richard!! Those old birthays really roll around in a hurry don't they?
Kim, you did did a beautiful job on his cake! The guitar is so cute! And, I think he was either 39 or 40!
We love you!

Kelli Dalley said...

Ok, I might have to get directions on how to make a cake like that. My hubby has his big 4-0 in a few months.