Thursday, March 5, 2009

Is it Just a Bigelow Thing?

HAIR. I hate it. Just about as much as I hate the word hate. Let's start over.

HAIR. I really, really, really dislike it! Are my sister Lisa-Marie and I the only ones who obsess over it constantly. C-O-N-S-T-A-N-T-L-Y!

I love my short hair. Yes, the short hair I don't currently have. (I know most of you would say my hair is short.)

I think it's sassy and makes my personality spunkier.

Does that sound weird. Hair dictating personality? Truly, it's true. I am more me, less frumpy-dumpy when it's short.

The problem is this. I always get a little itch to grow it out.

My fear; that I will always have short hair. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but sometimes I feel ready for a change so I make the attempt at growing it out. However, it gets close to my collar and that's it. I've had it and am more than ready for the short hair again.

Then the worries start about getting it cut just right.

Chunky, messy, easy to do, not too long in the back but not too short either. There is a happy medium. Definitely.

Today I found myself studying all the mom's hair at the park. Most are long and flowing.

A few were short. They weren't the styles I want for myself, but they sure appealed to me.

I think it's time to part ways with my hair. Especially since most days all I do is pull it back with a clippie. That is not cute, trust me. But required most of the time.

Does anyone else stress so much over their hair?

If not your hair, what then?!

8 comments:

Pam said...

Oh, hair is a pain in the you know what! Find a style you like and stick with it! As long as you are happy with it, that is all that matters!!! Mom

Stephanie said...

I am constantly changing my hair. The other day Dustin and I were looking at pictures of all my different hairstyles and colors...some are just HILARIOUS!!! We were laughing so hard.

I keep going from really long to really short. I like my hair long but it gets boring so then I cut it and I like it for awhile but then I get tired of the upkeep of short hair. So, I grow it back out.

It is a vicious cycle...

catharooni said...

i don't stress as much as you, apparently, but i am in a quandry like steph ... i like the spritely, fun short look (and am beyond words grateful that i cut it short two days before breaking my leg last summer - long hair would have been an absolute nightmare) ... but i LOVE having long hair to wear up or down. then i grow it and all i think about is how i always wear it up anyway, so it might as well be short ... so i get it cut and then i remember - when it is short, you have to have it cut A LOT to maintain ... and ... hey, wait! i guess i DO stress as much as you ... (smiles)

and, for the record, your personality doesn't come from your hair - your hair reflects your personality ... sassy and spunkier than anyone i know!!

Greek Goddess said...

I love your short hair. And I agree, it does fit your personality. Sometimes I wish I could pull off a hairdo like that, but when I've gone as short as I've dared I haven't liked it as much...

Jen said...

I want to see a picture of you with "Kim" long hair. I am growing mine out too. You know you can always keep the back shorter so it doesn't hit in those drive you crazy places. Good luck!

Stopher and Nicolle said...

you're so funny. i loved your hair last night. it looked super cute!

Grandma W. said...

OH dear, do I know about hair???!!!
I know just what you mean, even at 78 years old!!! I still would love to have my hair as short as you had yours!! It is so darned cute that way! No, it doesn't make your personality what it is, but it sure is cute on you!! Be spunky!!! How does Richard like it? That is important too!! I hope he doesn't like it long all the time!!! You know your Grandm, I have always preferred short hair!
But, I love Cindy's on her! It fits her just right! She is still so young!!! You do whatever and it will be just great! We love you no matter what!!!!!

kim said...

i love that you stress about it too. i have been known to wear my hair in a pony for almost 2 months after a bad cut. kind of makes me laugh b/c for me and my sisters, we consider even a trim to be a "huge" deal.