Friday, December 28, 2007

Not the Craziest California Mama


It's true...I met someone MUCH crazier! Yesterday Sarah and I went to her doctor's appointment and on the way home she fell asleep. I decided to attempt to go to the mall to make a few returns since she was sleeping. There we were waiting in the neverending line at Macys when a mommy behind me struck up a conversation that went something like this.

Macy's mom: How old is your baby?

Me: She'll be one month on Sunday. (with my proud mama smile)

Macy's mom: You just had a baby a month ago. You look great. (Not really but hey, I'll take it) After my baby was born I was more swollen than when I was pregnant. And now my a** just keeps getting bigger because I never have time to cook. I am so exhausted. It's not from lack of sleep that I am exhausted it's from worrying so much. So, she's only one month old and you take her out? You go to the mall? But she hasn't had her shots yet!!!!!! (She was aghast)

Me: Those immunizatioin shots are for measles and big catastrophic things. Probably not going to pick those up at the mall. I have to get out of the house...stircrazy!

So we continued to chat for a bit and I said something that made her realize that I had driven Sarah and I.

Macy's mom: You drove yourself here? Just you and the baby? But what if something happened? What if she coughed or something worse happened. You aren't sitting in the back of the car with her? Is that okay to do? Is that legal?!

I was laughing hysterically and told her now I knew why she was so tired...she really is worrying about everything. I should have told her I had a C-section too. I am sure that would have really sent her over the edge.

So, as you can see, eventhough I stress about whether Sarah hates her cloth diapers because she screams like a madwoman when we change her, weigh her on all the scales in the house, want to pump all my milk and give it to her in a bottle just so I KNOW she's getting enough milk (not doing by the way), thought I would be able to keep mommying simple and now own every kid contraption there is, constantly stare at her head in her carseat because I think it moves around too much, and the list goes on and on. But eventhough I do all these things and more, there is still atleast one mom crazier than me!

Now doesn't that make you relieved mom?

2 comments:

Grandma W. said...

My goodness, that lady needs to see a psychiatrist(sp)!! There is nothing wrong with you, Honey! You are a very normal Mom! And, I congratulate you for taking Sarah to the Mall by yourself! I'll tell you something -- this is the easiest time to take her!!! You will see!
You are a good Mama and we love you!!

Lisa-Marie said...

HYSTERICAL!!!! I love it.

And I agree with Grandma. Nothing wrong with you. Just one AMAZING mom! Baby Sarah is so blessed.

And I also agree with Gma about the mall thing too? Wanna take my three? I'll swap you for Sweet Sarah Jane!!!

I LOVE YOU. ONE WEEK FROM TOMORROW!!! Yipppeee!