Ever since we got married I still refer to Boise as home and Richard corrects me each time and says that I am home right here in sunny California. I always agreed and let him believe I felt at home here, but I never really did...something was missing. However, since Sarah's arrival I have a new outlook on home and now, Boise will always be my home away from home. I am home with my husband and new little daughter and feel that I am in just the right place wherever they are. I have gained a new appreciation for enjoying the place you are in and being happy with where you are at the moment. I am not certain why Sarah's birth brought this out of me and just being married didn't, but I am determined to make Sarah's life pleasurable and complete wherever we are. I want her to feel at home with us.
Thursday, December 20, 2007
I'll Be Home For Christmas
So, although Boise and all my loved ones there will always hold a special place in my heart, I will be home for Christmas this year and am looking forward to it. You will all of course be missed GREATLY, but I think that this Christmas will be a memorable one with my little family, our beautiful tree, and the love I feel at home!
We put up our tree last week when Richard took the week off to spend it with Sarah and I (best week ever!). It was so much fun for me to get out my box of ornaments I have been receiving since I was a baby and to put them on our tree. It brought back so many fond memories of decorating our tree on Musket.
Remember sisters when we would want to put out EVERY ornament we had and mom would make us pick our favorites so that the tree wouldn't be too full? Remember putting all the ornaments on the front of the tree and then being so disappointed when you would find yours on the back of the tree? Well, this year I was able to put up every ornament I wanted and I put very few in the back so that they would all be seen! So fun.
Thank you for starting this tradition with us girls mom and dad, Grandparents, and Aunts and Uncles. It is one I will continue with my family. I told Richard the only gift I had to get Sarah was an ornament so that one day when she feels at home with her very own family for their first real Christmas, she too will be able to pull out her box of ornaments and feel like she has the most beautiful tree, full of the best memories ever!
Happy Holidays!
P.S. Don't read too much into this. Just because I am happy now doesn't mean I want to stay here forever. I would still like nothing more than to make my home closer to all of yours. Maybe one day I will have the best of both worlds.
Posted by Kim at 11:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
TEARS. That is all I have to say.
Oh, your tree is so pretty!! I think it is great you want to be in your own home for this first Christmas! See, I told you how much different you feel when you have your husband and children with you! Believe me, you can be most anyplace and feel at home as long as they are with you! You kids have a wonderful Christmas and know we all love you so much!!
I'm sure it is fun to finally use all the ornaments everyone have given you for Christmas. We have finally quit doing it. It is the Grandma and Grandpa's, aunts and uncles and cousins turn now! Boy, how the world turns!
We love you!
Post a Comment