In January Richard and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary. We were able to leave the kids with my parents and I surprised Richard by taking him to McCall for the weekend so we could see the winter carnival. We stayed at the Ashley Inn. It was gorgeous but made even better by a phone call my Uncle John made to the manager who is a friend of his. I had reserved a Suite and when we checked in they told us they had overbooked the suites and they had to move us to the Governor's Suite. It was gorgeous. For the winter carnival it's tradition to keep your Christmas decorations up until after the opening weekend of the carnival, so our room had a red, white, and blue Christmas tree. We did lots of things, all of which are some of Richard's favorite things, that we find difficult to do with our children. We went to a movie in an old theater. They were playing one of the Narnia movies--love those! We went skiing. We haven't done that since our honeymoon in Banff 5 years ago. We ate out at restaurants (we do this with s & l, but it's not fun and relaxing), slept in, and checked out all the ice sculptures. We really enjoyed ourselves and more importantly each other's company.
Sunday, May 1, 2011
Each One Better Than the One Before
I truly mean it when I say each each one better than the one before; each year, each week, each day, each event, each memory. Everything just gets better! I feel very fortunate to have met Richard and most importantly to have been sealed for time and eternity in the temple. What a wonderful gift we've been given! I look forward to the next 5 years (and beyond) and am excited to see what they have instore for us as a couple and as a family.
I love you Richard!
Posted by Kim at 11:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It is hard to believe it has been five years!! How the time flies!!!
So glad you had such a great and you know your Mom and Dad don't like keeping the kids! Big Joke!!
They love it! Again - we are so glad you are here!
WE love you!
"A great time", it was supposed to say!!
so hard to believe it has been so long ... and yet, look at all you have accomplished in that short time!! congrats and love from me to you!
Post a Comment