When it became just too far after Sarah's 2nd birthday, I just couldn't get myself to post pictures of her special day, but it was such a special weekend that I HAD to at some point. I decided that when she was 2 1/2, that would be the day. Today is the day. May 30, 2010.
Since Sarah's birthday fell only a few days after Thanksgiving and almost 2 months after Luke was born, we had all the family come to town for Thanksgiving, Sarah's party, and Luke's blessing. It was such a memorable weekend, but by the time it was all said and done, I was tuckered out and especially sick of standing in the kitchen preparing morsel after morsel after morsel!!!
For Thanksgiving, my parents and grandparents came into town from Boise. I haven't spent Thanksgiving with my parents since 2000, so it was a special occasion for me. The Johnsons came up from San Diego and the Steeles joined us for pie. We had fun, but I was so glad to have so many helping hands. Cooking Thanksgiving Dinner is a lot of work, and really, since turkey, in the form of a big bird, isn't my favorite, I might try to convince Richard of having pizza or something simpler one year.

Friday we spent preparing for Sarah's birthday party. Sarah's best friend Claire is 13 days older than Sarah and they adore one another so we combined our efforts and threw them a joint, Two 2riffic Girls are turning 2 party. SUCH FUN!!! We celebrated at Crestwood Hills Park on Saturday. The kids played, and the craft table with colored sand, stickers, and glue sticks was the hit of the party. We loved celebrating Sarah. We just plain, love Sarah! We pretty much celebrate her daily. :) Sarah's Grandpa and Grandma Atchley as well as the Arizona Atchleys came for the fun day, as well as all those we spent Thanksgiving with.
On Sunday we blessed Luke Edmon Atchley. Oh how I love this boy! The blessing was wonderful and it meant so much to have him surrounded by so many wonderful people for his big day. He didn't make a peep and looked quite stunning in his outfit. A while back Ron had been home cleaning out his closet and was going to get rid of the suit he wore on his wedding day with Adele. I kept it and used some of the fabric to make Luke his blessing pants. They turned out super cute and I love the sentimental addition.
It really was a terrific weekend, and with all the family around, we were reminded of what we were most thankful for. As I write this, the weekend doesn't sound like that much work, but I remember being completley worn out and so tired of the kitchen.
Thank you everyone for joining us for such a wonderful weekend. It really meant so much to us.
2 comments:
What wonderful memories we all have
of that weekend!!! There is abso-lutely nothing like having your family surrounding you! We are all so very blessed!
We love all of you so much!!!!!
Where's the picture of Luke on his blessing day?
Post a Comment