Monday, May 17, 2010

Beach Day---HOORAY!!

We spent Saturday at the beach and surprisingly, I really enjoyed myself. It could have been a perfect day if we had brought less of the sandy stuff home with us, but all in all, I'd give it 4 stars!! :)

Sarah has been all about the ocean lately and I have been trying to do more of what she needs, when she needs it and less of this..."Yes, Sarah we can do that LATER." The problem is, later never seems to come, so I have been jumping on things NOW!! It's been refreshing.

We LOADED up the stroller with all kinds of beach things: towels, flip-flops, suits, snacks, buckets and shovels, and headed out. We decided to combine our outing with exercise and ran down to the pier. Once there, we played in the sand, Sarah and Richard got fairly wet (Brrrrr), Luke tested out the water for the first time ever, we flew our kite, and we played on the playground.

The kite flying was my favorite. It really took me back to my childhood. We flew kites all the time with my dad. He was (might still be) the best kite flyer. He'd get them so high up in the sky that we had to use a power drill in order to get it back down. We didn't get our kite that high but it was SO MUCH FUN!

I am actually looking forward to our next little outing and I hope it's sooner rather than later. However, I do know I won't be going with the kids by myself anytime soon. Now, that would be crazy!!

7 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

I know I say this every time, but I sure wish I was there with you guys. How fun!

I too have been keeping track in my head how many times I say, "just a minute," to my kids and it's crazy out of control. I'm trying to do better. It's hard. But yes, like you say, also refreshing. Glad to know I'm not alone in the "journey."

And Sarah IS so big. I love that she wants to be the one to show her little brother all the magic in this world. What a sweetie!

Love you guys!

Jen said...

YOu are such a wonderful mom... I need to do the same. Wish we could go to the beach with you guys. Zach has been asking a lot of questions about it lately... we should schedule a trip that way!!!

Pam said...

Grandma wants to go to the beach with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aunt Penny said...

Wow! I had to catch up. Your kiddos are sure growing; thanks for keeping the pictures coming. I wish I was there to go to the beach, too. Looking forward to seeing you in June.

Jyl said...

your kids are soooo big! I miss you! And the beach!

Stephanie said...

Looks like so much fun!! I adore the beach...I am so sad to be leaving it...I could live at the beach.

Wish we were closer to each other...I could teach you to love the beach and maybe you could teach me to love camping! :]

Grandma W. said...

What fun! I too wish I was there to go to the beach with you! I think it wonderful you and Rich take the time to do such fun things with the kids!!Keep it up!
Makes me sad to see them grow up so fast......however, we are so happy they are both so healthy and sweet!!!
We love all of you!