Sunday, October 21, 2007

What's in a Name?


When I was home a few weeks back, I was able to spend some time with my neice Sirri, who already adores her cousin Snap. Lisa and Sirri have had conversations about how they probably won't have any more babies after Meg. Sirri insists that yes, we do...Aunt Kimmy has Baby Snap, so we have a baby. I love that she knows Snap is hers as well...that's what family is about.

Sirri continually kissed and hugged my belly while I was with her and would always tell Snap that she loves him/her. Even now when I talk with her on the phone, she tells me, "I love you Aunt Kimmy and I love Snap!"

While home I explained that Snap was just the nickname we are using since we don't know if it's a boy or a girl. I asked Sirri what we should name the baby when it arrives.

Here it is...if it's a boy--Light Snap and if it's a girl--Butter Snap!!
If you have any other great ideas, let us know, we're sortof struggling in the name department. It might be Baby Snap for a few days, who knows!



2 comments:

Grandma W. said...

Hi Kids! Yes, that was fun seeing how excited Sirri is to be getting another baby! It doesn't have to be delivered by her Mom because he/she still belongs to her! We are all excited for the time to come and I love the name "Butter Snap"! But, I suppose you will have to choose something else! I think I will stay out of it because I thought naming you "Betsy"was a good one for you beings you were a July 4th, 1976 baby!!!! But, I got shot down! I am glad now because you are a perfect "Kim" and we love you!!!!

Lisa-Marie said...

Hey! Look at you. Two posts in one week! I'm going to start checking every day now!!! (No pressure.) I just don't want to miss anything again!!!

I loved this post. It makes me so happy that Sirri loves (big emphasis!) her baby Snap. And I am glad that it makes you happy and that you are okay with sharing!!!

I love you lots!