Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Stars, Fresh Air, and Great Company





3 day weekends...what's not to love?! We spent our long (yet, not long enough) weekend in Mammoth Lakes, California. Ever since getting engaged there it has become one of our favorite places to be and try to make it there a couple times each year. AHHH, such fond memories! :)

This weekend we went camping at Sherwin Creek with my dear friend Whitney and her friend Erik. We all had a wonderful time; hiking, eating camp food (it always tastes better cooked in mountain air), laughing, swimming in chilly mountain lakes (not me...didn't want to freeze out baby), beating Richard at cards (which NEVER happens), reading, gasping for air (only me), and eating at a 4 star restaurant which is located in a gas station...yep, you heard that right! It was very relaxing weekend...one I won't soon forget!
P.S.--I am in the first picture; it just is very dark...guess we should have used a flash. Eventhough you can't really see me, the scenery is amazing! The last picture in my BSU garb is solely on this page so you can see my GIGANTIC belly and chubby face...can you believe what's happening to me?! Just don't look too closely at me, I have some strange face going on. Not a picture I will send in when I enter my first beauty pageant that's for certain. Lisa keeps telling me to take pictures for posterity. She wishes she had more; I will take her advice and hope that in 10 years, or even 2 days I don't regret posting it for you all to see! :)

6 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

Oh Grandma Weldon...I am cursing you right now because I CAN NOT look at pictures of Kim pregnant without crying and I have to blame it on someone... so I pick you!!!!

Kim, you look so good. Truly, you look perfectly pregnant and so happy! Your belly is just as it should be and your face does not look chubby. Thank you for posting the pics for me. I absolutely can not wait to see you for real!!!!

cindy. said...

SISTER. i love your pregnant belly. you look GREAT! mom and i were both commenting that you are carrying so low. snap just must be extra anxious to come out and play with his fun mommy and daddy (and his aunties of course!!!!!)

looks like you guys had a fun weekend. nothing like a weekend in the mountains!

love you and can't wait to see you and snap in just a few weeks!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think you are a darling pregnant girl and your face is not chubby!!

You sure are carrying that litle squirt "LOW".

We are so excited for you to come and visit in a few weeks!

Love you so much,
Mom

Grandma W said...

I am so glad you kids have such a beautiful place to go camping!! You know, we Idahoan's don't think there are any other pretty places to go but in Idaho!
You look cute in your Boise State shirt, but it won't last you long!!
We love you any way you are: Fat face (which you do not have) skinny face, oblong face, whatever!
Can't wait to see you!!!!

Grandma W. said...

Lisa put my picture on her blog.
Lets see if it works here

Anonymous said...

Pretty neat picture of your
Grandma Kim. Glad you are here
in Boise so we get to LOVE on
you before Snap arrives.
Love You!!
Pappa